OL Larry Boyd reportedly suspended

PJD86

Texas
Bad football news coming, a few suspensions one guy leaving, should hear more shortly. Yuck

PJD86

Texas
Well its out on twitter now, so I'll post it. Boyd is done, drug suspension, not weed. 3 other guys potentially disciplined and/or suspended names not yet out there.

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
I don’t get it. I know they’re “kids” but even kids should be able to appreciate a good thing when they have it AND NOT SCREW IT UP!

PJD86

Texas
I don’t get it. I know they’re “kids” but even kids should be able to appreciate a good thing when they have it AND NOT SCREW IT UP!

It just boggles the mind how kids can screw up a good thing.

westms77

Gilbert, AZ

Happens everywhere...kids that age make bad decisions...just stinks team wise as we're very thin...hopefully gets a 2nd chance to turn things around

the national

the Front Range
Disciple and dismissals can sometimes send a message to the rest of the team. Unfortunate but glad the staff made quick action of it.

Deleted member 654622

D
My first thought is the Trinity implications, especially Ira Henry

Well its out on twitter now, so I'll post it. Boyd is done, drug suspension, not weed. 3 other guys potentially disciplined and/or suspended names not yet out there.

Werner's article mentions that Boyd is still on the team and working out with the team. Is this no longer true?

Werner's article mentions that Boyd is still on the team and working out with the team. Is this no longer true?

Yeah, I think the wording in that post is a bit misleading. Seems he's just being suspended, not sure on the length of time. Couldn't possibly be for the entire season, could it?

breadman

Herndon, VA
Yeah, I think the wording in that post is a bit misleading. Seems he's just being suspended, not sure on the length of time. Couldn't possibly be for the entire season, could it?

Take this opportunity to red shirt him.

illini80

Forgottonia
This is not a legal issue, correct? I haven't seen anything so I assume he failed a drug test?

PJD86

Texas

Sorry guys barely in signal range, all I know is what I posted Im sure more has come up, heard indefinite on him and likely 1-3 other guys getting a game or two or three, or maybe nothing. Sorry I don't have more details

I haven't read Werner so I don't know what he said, one concern was Boyd starting liking and retweeting Missouri stuff the last few days

just a FWIW

Deleted member 654622

D

tenor.gif

Lovie Smith said he had no official status update on sophomore tackle Larry Boyd.

"As much as anything, we don't comment a lot on what's going on inside the team," Smith said. "He's working out with this football team right now and getting better like the rest of those young guys."

Smith added that sophomore tight end Lou Dorsey and sophomore defensive end Isaiah Gay "are back on our football team" after serving suspensions during the spring.

https://247sports.com/college/illin...itely-from-Fighting-Illini-program-119887306/

t7nich

Central IL
Lovie Smith said he had no official status update on sophomore tackle Larry Boyd.

"As much as anything, we don't comment a lot on what's going on inside the team," Smith said. "He's working out with this football team right now and getting better like the rest of those young guys."

Smith added that sophomore tight end Lou Dorsey and sophomore defensive end Isaiah Gay "are back on our football team" after serving suspensions during the spring.

"They'll start training camp like the rest of our team will," Smith said. "Both players did some good things last year. Those things that they need to clean up within our team, they've done. They're excited on re-joining."

That's certainly good news on Dorsey and Gay. 2 guys we'll be counting on this year.

That's certainly good news on Dorsey and Gay. 2 guys we'll be counting on this year.

Wasn't Gay like 17 at the start of last year? Expecting big things from him, especially later in his career. Hopefully he stays out of trouble.