OL Reuben Unije no longer with the Illini

Deleted member 654622

D
Anyone who watched his interview after spring ball on 247 could tell he didn't like it here. He talked about the hardships of playing under Coach Butkus. I guess he doesn't want to be yelled out. Really sad, has the frame to be in the NFL

Anyone who watched his interview after spring ball on 247 could tell he didn't like it here. He talked about the hardships of playing under Coach Butkus. I guess he doesn't want to be yelled out. Really sad, has the frame to be in the NFL
I remember Butkus saying the first go around Butkus yelled a lot, went to Jacksonville, came back, and said he learned not to yell as much. I have not been to any practices...anythingnoticeable/ out of ordinary??

There must be a silent verbal. Lovie stated recruiting class will bring more help, from Werner, but no public commits right now!

Deleted member 654622

D
I remember Butkus saying the first go around Butkus yelled a lot, went to Jacksonville, came back, and said he learned not to yell as much. I have not been to any practices...anythingnoticeable/ out of ordinary??

There must be a silent verbal. Lovie stated recruiting class will bring more help, from Werner, but no public commits right now!
Ira Henry???? Would be nice

TwoElevenEastDaniel

Cochrane's-Orchid-Tonic
This may be one of those times where Illinois needs to pursue JuCo and Grad Transfer OL players to add to depth immediately while redshirting some raw prospects and bringing in some more OL help in 2020 when more scholarships are available.

This may be one of those times where Illinois needs to pursue JuCo and Grad Transfer OL players to add to depth immediately while redshirting some raw prospects and bringing in some more OL help in 2020 when more scholarships are available.

Unless you can find some stone-cold stud who's a surefire starter and anchor (think Akim Millington), I think that would be shortsighted.

Build depth and develop kids. And we have been doing that.

UofI08

Chicago
There very well may be a silent verbal but that would have zero to do with this announcement. We have no o-line depth.

There very well may be a silent verbal but that would have zero to do with this announcement. We have no o-line depth.
Agree. Unije was a good candidate for development, and to help team in 1-2-3 years. Not good to see him go

All teams will have to get used to this with new transfer rules. Kids will now have 4 weeks to decide if they like where they are at on depth chart, like their coaches, like the school etc.

Clemson's Hunter Renfroe said it best:

"Now Week 4 every year is going to be the trade deadline, and everyone is going to make decisions. I don't like that part of it. When you commit to a school, when you commit to a team, that's your team, right?"Clemson receiver Hunter Renfrow

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-tigers-frustrated-new-redshirt-transfer-rule

Deleted member 654622

D
All teams will have to get used to this with new transfer rules. Kids will now have 4 weeks to decide if they like where they are at on depth chart, like their coaches, like the school etc.

Clemson's Hunter Renfroe said it best:

"Now Week 4 every year is going to be the trade deadline, and everyone is going to make decisions. I don't like that part of it. When you commit to a school, when you commit to a team, that's your team, right?"Clemson receiver Hunter Renfrow

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...-tigers-frustrated-new-redshirt-transfer-rule
I am totally O.K. with kids transferring. It is there right. And they will have to live with their decision. As an IL fan, I like it even more. Teams like Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, that have been stockpiling talent are going to be the ones losing out here. It wont be us losing out on Ruben. The talent will get more evenly dispersed in my opinion.

This made me a sad panda. I want nice things. I want a talented, experienced offensive line with youngsters chomping at the bit to get their reps in. I want an offensive line bigger than a Walmart checkout lane. I want some size and strength. Also a bazzilion dollars. And a unicorn. Alas.

I am totally O.K. with kids transferring. It is there right. And they will have to live with their decision. As an IL fan, I like it even more. Teams like Clemson, Alabama, Georgia, that have been stockpiling talent are going to be the ones losing out here. It won't be us losing out on Ruben. The talent will get more evenly dispersed in my opinion.

I completely agree. If coaches can bolt, then student-athletes should have the same opportunity. Back to your point, I agree and think this rule will actually benefit teams like Illinois in the future.