Well hopefully Underwood passes on the we will play anyone anywhere mato so we can have a chance to get in the tournament. Just don't schedule Florida Atlantic technology school of blind again. I know he didn't have much say in this years schedule and definitely prisoner of the moment. Just have to win next year no ifs ans or buts.
Understatement of the year.....he hasn't done anything to be a starter let alone get more minutes than AG or TJ....He's averaging 3.2 pts and 2.3 reb per game...I believe he had 4-5 TO's today and he ran away from that Reeves steal and dunk.
JMHO, but if DW is seeing the court for major minutes next year then I will have to question BU's thinking as a coach...
This was the year to play Alan and Tev at least 20 mins a game and suffer thru their learning curve ...What I saw this year was doing the same weave thinghy and screen handoff that other teams handled with ease...
If kipper had Dre's heart he might have been averaging double digits and gained some accolades...Suffice to say , we need serious help in ALL aspects of the team from coaching on down....
I'm tired of waiting till next year to see the same crap.....play pack line D and get some players who want to attack the rim and won't back down....
Now that we’re through the season, overall I think we’ve made progress. Here are my top 10 observations:
1. Giorgio is a great spirit and will end up one of UI’s best big men ever.
2. Ayo is really good but I believe he will be back next year.
3. AG and TJ bring a lot of athleticism. I hope they’re back next year.
4. I’d love to see what Samba can do next year ... hopefully it’s in an Illini uniform.
5. I will miss AJ ... fantastic representation for UI.
6. Not sure why Trent was so streaky this year (29 minutes and 3 it’s today) but he’s still one of my favorites.
7. Kipper’s inconsistency made me scratch my head all year. Not sure why he got so much time today. If he’s back, AG and TJ should get the majority of his time next year.
8. Williams must have pics of BU because having him start every game and play the minutes he played is embarrassing. The last 3 games he played 53 minutes and had 6 points.
9. BU has had moments of greatness and moments I’m sure he’d like to forget ... especially in the 2nd half of numerous games.
10. Can’t wait to see Kofi with Giorgi next year. We saw a glimpse of it today with Giorgi and ADLR.
While the NCAA and NIT probably won’t happen, I’d love to see us play hard, win a game or two and makes some teams miserable. Go Illini!
Still are mid major s from one bid leagues. We still are at the bottom of the bigten. Narrative is we are right were we belong bc of who we played and how we played. #thisseasonsucked always next year....
Defense Defense Defense.... it never looked good in any games.
The idea was to create turnovers, but when teams weren’t bothered by pressure; or the guards were too good to turn over the ball then they get wide open threes and uncontested layups. I think thet exerted too much energy trying to create turnovers and not enough just playing solid defense and forcing teams to take difficult shots. A new defensive scheme needs to be implemented soon.
I’m confident the offense will actually improve though.