Penn State 74, Illinois 52 POSTGAME

Dan

Admin
[YOUTUBE]gBaynSBn3Ig[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:

Deleted member 631370

D
This is the worst Illinois team since the mid-1970s.

I'll be honest -- I had written this season off as an effort to build some confidence and mojo for next season. But this is turning into a catastrophe.

Next season is going to be really, really rough absent a major influx of talent.

tonight exposed just how truly awful this team is, just how talentless we are, and just how pervasive this losing culture is. I legitimately do not know when we're going to an NCAA tournament again. It maybe be several years.

We may be looking at the worst state Illinois basketball has been in since the end of the Harv era.

LeinieGuy

Will work for bourbon
Lexington, KY
So far I've been able to keep this season and each game in perspective and not lose my cool. Not this game. 4 losses in a row to Penn *@$# State?? This game was brutal to watch. We have ZERO offense. I don't know how we're gonna get more Ayo types to head to Champaign with this ridiculous cast of brickyard shooters.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland

I'll be honest -- I had written this season off as an effort to build some confidence and mojo for next season. But this is turning into a catastrophe.

Next season is going to be really, really rough absent a major influx of talent.

tonight exposed just how truly awful this team is, just how talentless we are, and just how pervasive this losing culture is. I legitimately do not know when we're going to an NCAA tournament again. It maybe be several years.

We may be looking at the worst state Illinois basketball has been in since the end of the Harv era.

God I hate agreeing with this.

A entirely new definition of house of 'paign. Never dreamed P State could ever come here & win by 22.

Certainly among the worst, if not THE worst. I'm not sure what you do from here. We are the dumpster fire.

losing decisively to PSU at home. I mean, it wasn't close, and it didn't take much on their part to get us to roll over.

We just suck...epicly.

We still do that thing once in awhile where we pass the ball to someone (we will call him New Malcolm) and hope to god he is able to make a play offensively. Boy do old habits die hard.

Deleted member 631370

D
Not enough athletes to compete in the big ten, gonna need so serious recruiting

I underestimated how bad this roster is.

It's not just a matter of sheer talent. It's also a matter of not having kids that play smart, play aggressive, and know how to win.

I'd feel a bit better about the future if we had a dynamite recruiter at the helm that can dig us out of this mess with talent. time will tell if Underwood can do it. He may need to do it via the blue collar lunch pale types of kids that Bob Huggins recruits. We'll see.

But one thing is for sure. This team + Ayo next year isn't even close to an NCAA tournament team. We need a LOT more.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I really don't know what to say other than......

EMBARRASSING EFFORT

I would be okay with the following:

Frazier, DaMonte, Smith, Black, for sure stay.

The rest of the team is not B1G caliber players then or now, nor next year imo. I like the entire ILLINI team, as I am a fan, but dammit, get some players to justify us manical fans sticking with them year in and year out. 10+ years is complete BS for a P-5 team or even a damn Junior College team. We are the FORMER, not the latter, start acting like it and find some damn players ASAP...and I don't care if they come from Junior College at this point!

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland
Is there any possibility that a couple of years from now we are saying, "I'm so glad we got things turned around, remember that terrible first year?" I certainly hope so, this is soul crushing.

I am just aghast at the product on the court. It's beyond my ability to rationalize or understand in any way.

Oh my lord this team is bad. Like do we have any reason not to clear the roster and start over bad

What's sad is that I'm not even mad about this loss. Just shows how far we've fallen, in prior years or even earlier this season I'd be pissed.

01 T. FRAZIER 2-11 18.2% 2-6 33.3%
11 G. EBOIGBODIN 0-0 0.0% 0-0 0.0%
12 L. BLACK 6-10 60.0% 2-3 66.7%
23 A. JORDAN 0-3 0.0% 0-2 0.0%
24 M. ALSTORK 2-5 40.0% 0-1 0.0%
02 K. NICHOLS 4-10 40.0% 1-5 20.0%
03 T. LUCAS 5-6 83.3% 0-1 0.0%
04 M. VESEL 0-0 0.0% 0-0 0.0%
13 M. SMITH 1-3 33.3% 0-1 0.0%
20 D. WILLIAMS 0-3 0.0% 0-0 0.0%
45 C. LISS 0-0 0.0% 0-0 0.0%