Poll: Starting QB

Who should start until Peters returns and when Peters returns?

• Robinson

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Williams

Votes: 46 37.4%
  • Taylor

Votes: 64 52.0%
  • Spann

Votes: 11 8.9%
  • Peters

Votes: 44 35.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I will give 2 votes for everyone. Who should start until Peters returns and who should start when Peters returns?

Deleted member 29907

D
Coran did a nice job in very tough duty - but 4 TOs is hard to overlook and from what we've been told - IW has better quickness and ability to run the ball - so not sure what CT gives us over IW.

Coran did a nice job in very tough duty - but 4 TOs is hard to overlook and from what we've been told - IW has better quickness and ability to run the ball - so not sure what CT gives us over IW.

I agree with what you said. However, Taylor had a total of 4 or 5 reps during the week until Thursday. Also, first game time action with players he has hardly practiced with. If it is like that this week then it is an issue. Also, Williams has a weak arm and Taylor has a rocket. Gotta see if Taylor has it between the ears though.

Deleted member 29907

D
I agree with what you said. However, Taylor had a total of 4 or 5 reps during the week until Thursday. Also, first game time action with players he has hardly practiced with. If it is like that this week then it is an issue. Also, Williams has a weak arm and Taylor has a rocket. Gotta see if Taylor has it between the ears though.
His throws definitely got better as the game went on - my only concern was turnovers - but if he got that out of his system (in a difficult situation) then i can be persuaded. The game goes so fast when you first get out on the field. He does have the confidence in himself which is good.

Illinivek23

Gurnee
Doesn't seem like we have seen IW get into a rythym like CT got on Sat. I've never read that IW has a weak arm - I know we have seen some poorly thrown balls though.

There's a reason Taylor was a 4th string QB. He's been in the system as long or longer than anyone else yet was still 4th string. That should tell us something. IW is so suspect that the staff won't let him throw the ball when he comes in for sets when he subs for Peters. Yet another tell. Peters or whoever, that's my choice.

I think Taylor does have it. He reminds me of a young Dak Prescott. Will not quit and can make plays. Not working with the first team and his first major chance did create the TOs but I think they will be cleaned up by next Sat. I am not impressed with IW's arm. Peters has IQ issues and Spann is young. Jury is still out on Robinson.

Doesn't seem like we have seen IW get into a rythym like CT got on Sat. I've never read that IW has a weak arm - I know we have seen some poorly thrown balls though.

I didn't read Williams has a weak arm. I saw it. No zip on the ball at all. However, I would not be upset if Williams starts when he returns either. We have had a small sample size.

I think Taylor does have it. He reminds me of a young Dak Prescott. Will not quit and can make plays. Not working with the first team and his first major chance did create the TOs but I think they will be cleaned up by next Sat. I am not impressed with IW's arm. Peters has IQ issues and Spann is young. Jury is still out on Robinson.

Fair... but reps will not change technique/instinct... and technique (both running and passing) is lacking, and instinct is absent when running.
That's a bad combination when considering 'ceiling'.

My belief is that he was near his ceiling last game.

It would be nice if you were right about Taylor.
I could not disagree with you much more than I do :), but that's the beauty of this.

I didn't read Williams has a weak arm. I saw it. No zip on the ball at all. However, I would not be upset if Williams starts when he returns either. We have had a small sample size.
Williams will be a (I believe, once he relaxes and doesn't rush... and that goes for all of our RB's... a tiny amount of patience to let the hole develop, and then "GO!"), much more effective runner than Taylor. We will see on the passing. He HAS to have a more natural throwing motion than Taylor. I cannot imagine the opposite being true.

Fair... but reps will not change technique/instinct... and technique (both running and passing) is lacking, and instinct is absent when running.
That's a bad combination when considering 'ceiling'.

My belief is that he was near his ceiling last game.
I feel like it's worth giving him another start. Maybe give him a short leash if IW can play

illini80

Forgottonia
I feel like it's worth giving him another start. Maybe give him a short leash if IW can play
10 days for contact tracing is what I heard. From Thursday, which was the reported day of the positive test, that would not have him eligible for Saturdays game.

BZuppke

Plainfield
I have my doubts about IW. Reminds me of a lot of guys with so much talent but just doesn’t have the ‘it’ factor.

CT put up 24 points. Why would he get bench for someone other than Peters?

How bad of injury did MR have last week? I thought CT did a decent job for his first actual start. As I stated in the post-game thread that I would have liked to see PU 4th string qb would have done. When Peters comes back I am sure they will start him. I wonder if they are setting a package for Spann.

illini80

Forgottonia
How bad of injury did MR have last week? I thought CT did a decent job for his first actual start. As I stated in the post-game thread that I would have liked to see PU 4th string qb would have done. When Peters comes back I am sure they will start him. I wonder if they are setting a package for Spann.
I believe their QB was a walk on. Just sayin.