• Taylor

Votes: 3 2.8%
  • Robinson

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Deuce

Votes: 4 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don’t remember Williams getting sacked today other than the bad snap bobbles. He is more elusive and I bet he can work on timing of the passes with a full week of practice. Gives us another weapon. Plus his skill level is more the liking of the OC.

If Deuce gets the start, we will solidify the record for most consecutive starting QBs to start a season. That would be sooooo Illinois

Voted Peters, but if he comes out flat bring in IW quickly.
I think Peters has the higher ceiling this season which can be achieved if he improves on his consistency from last season. Obviously his one game this season looks like trash, but he should get another shot.

1 reminds me of Kyler Murray. If he can start throwing accurate passes he could be a real star. One player cant carry a team or make up for bad coaching

Voted Peters, but if he comes out flat bring in IW quickly.

he hasn’t played or practiced in 3 weeks and he won’t get a full week of practice this week from what I remember of his 21 day timeframe. Yes he’ll probably be a little off early, but that’s to be expected. What is our definition of quickly here?

Peters 100% gives us a better chance to win. IW is what he is, electric with the ball, but we don't run a triple option offense. He has to be able to make throws or we will get eaten alive by the better teams in our conference. Now that he has film, teams will lock him down. Everyone keeps comparing him to Randel EL, Murray, etc.... One huge difference, those guys could throw. Murray operates the air raid for goodness sake. It sounds bad, because I really like IW's game, but as a slot. Whoever it is, go Illini!

illini80

Forgottonia
he hasn’t played or practiced in 3 weeks and he won’t get a full week of practice this week from what I remember of his 21 day timeframe. Yes he’ll probably be a little off early, but that’s to be expected. What is our definition of quickly here?
I understand, but if he starts the game with two 3 and outs, I’d make the change. We can’t afford to get down a couple scores early.

This season is toast. The offensive line has a hard time run blocking & protecting the quarterback.
Williams gifts help mitigate the offensive lines deficiencies. The future is now.

This season is toast. The offensive line has a hard time run blocking & protecting the quarterback.
Williams gifts help mitigate the offensive lines deficiencies. The future is now.
I agree with the future is now. Peters is an average QB at best who cant get out of his own way sometimes but that is because our line has issues. If Ford is used more in blocking situations, then it gives whoever the QB more time to operate. I do not believe IW was sacked yesterday others than the mis-snaps. I still say go with the hot hand and that is IW