Predict the Number of TD Passes for 2019 Brandon Peters

He currently has 10. I'll go with 17 assuming he starts the remainder of the season. I don't think the number changes whether he plays in the next two games.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
assuming he starts the remainder of the season.

I thought we looked livelier with Robinson, frankly. Nowhere near Peters' arm talent, but this offense just doesn't work if you can sell out on the RB.

The other thing I liked about Robinson is that he kept his eyes downfield when he scrambled and was able to complete some passes on broken plays. That will help.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I thought we looked livelier with Robinson, frankly. Nowhere near Peters' arm talent, but this offense just doesn't work if you can sell out on the RB.

The other thing I liked about Robinson is that he kept his eyes downfield when he scrambled and was able to complete some passes on broken plays. That will help.
Agree. If he can learn to keep his composure a bit better he could be sort of like another Reilly O'Toole who certainly helps us with his multi-dimensional play when Lunt went down way back in '14. IF he can do that then it's possible we can still miracle our way into a bowl if a lot of other things break right as happened in '14. It's a longshot at best but nobody thought we could fall into a bowl in 2014 either.

I was definitely happy to see Robinson in the game and the change of style threw off the MN defense. I hope he gets another shot this weekend

Deleted member 654622

D
12 - Current
1 vs Rutgers
2 vs Mich St.
1 vs Iowa
3 vs Northwestern

? in Bowl game. Do not know the opponent yet

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
I still feel like the 22 I predicted is achievable, especially if he has a good day against Rutgers. Probably won't get many at all versus Iowa or MSU, if any, but who knows? Come to think of it, 22 is probably a longshot unless we are including a potential bowl game...

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
12 - Current
1 vs Rutgers
2 vs Mich St.
1 vs Iowa
3 vs Northwestern

? in Bowl game. Do not know the opponent yet

Expecting a combined five TD's from Peters against two of the top defenses in the B1G as the weather keeps deteriorating is an aggressive ask. I would gladly take one touchdown pass against each of the remaining opponents and be content (maybe ask for two TD's against Rutgers).

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Also, kudos to Peters only have four interceptions. He still is having major issues against the blitz but the revival of the running game is going to provide some substantial improvement to deter certain defensive packages.

Deleted member 654622

D
Expecting a combined five TD's from Peters against two of the top defenses in the B1G as the weather keeps deteriorating is an aggressive ask. I would gladly take one touchdown pass against each of the remaining opponents and be content (maybe ask for two TD's against Rutgers).
Correct I am. And that is based off my joy that Peters started actually keeping the ball on option runs last week. I think this is going to open up the play action pass. Not necessary Peters is going to start throwing 300 yrds a game, but that random hit to Bebe in one on one coverage and when we actually look to Barker. I can easily see those two beating their coverage one on one with pure athleticism.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Correct I am. And that is based off my joy that Peters started actually keeping the ball on option runs last week. I think this is going to open up the play action pass. Not necessary Peters is going to start throwing 300 yrds a game, but that random hit to Bebe in one on one coverage and when we actually look to Barker. I can easily see those two beating their coverage one on one with pure athleticism.

I was wrong, you were right!

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Peters is currently at 16 TDs with THREE games to go. Already is the most passing TDs by an Illinois QB since 2013 Scheelhaase (21). If he can muster up 6 TDs in the next three games (likely a stretch, but why not), he would enter into the top 5 passing TDs in one season for Illinois.

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 9.56.39 AM.png

Peters is currently at 16 TDs with THREE games to go. Already is the most passing TDs by an Illinois QB since 2013 Scheelhaase (21). If he can muster up 6 TDs in the next three games (likely a stretch, but why not), he would enter into the top 5 passing TDs in one season for Illinois.
Peters is at 16 passing TDs after MSU - think your 16 before included his 3 running TDs.

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Officially up to 17. Only needs two more in final two games to finish in the top 10 (or three more to finish in 8th all-time).