Pregame: #8 Illinois vs #9 Michigan, Thursday, March 12th, 11:00am CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by Soxfreak64 View Post
Wisconsin looks like our 05 Illini did. Ill be shocked if they don't win conference tourney. And if Illinois beats Michigan then Wisconsin...well, go play the lotto.
No. they don't.
IIRC, that 2005 Illinois team had a couple of star guards. The Wisconsin guards are good, but the strength of the 2015 Wisconsin team is the frontcourt. So in that regard the two teams are very different.

Though UW has lost one more game than Illinois in 2005, that extra loss was a game in which the best player never played and the point guard was injured and out for the season early in the second half when the team was ahead by 8 or 10.

In terms of dominating the league, Wisconsin is close to what Illinois was in 2005. We'll see how the tourneys play out.

I expect Illinois to beat Michigan's depleted team.

Trae Jackson almost certainly will not play this week.

Purdue vs Iowa (if the Hawkeyes win to get there) should be brutal. Kaminsky was concussed by a flying Purdue elbow and Woodbury has tried to blind three players with his finger pokes. The Boilers should wear goggles and the Hawks helmets.

Champaign, IL
Not sure if this was posted but Illinois opened as a 3 point favorite Thursday and is now at 3.5

We better see bitter determination on the faces of the seniors (and Sophs) come Thursday. Michigan matches up well with the Illini and have played us tougher than their record would suggest. Beilein will have them prepared and believing they have a lot to play for. Think we win in a squeaker but don't see any way we get past 'sconsin and hope we get a little help

What are the options for watching game on the phone? Anyone have experience with it?

I'm positive Egwu and Rice will come to play this game. Just hope the rest of the team joins them. We need everyone to play like it's do or die this game.

New York
Not sure if this was posted but Illinois opened as a 3 point favorite Thursday and is now at 3.5

Sounds about right. Line might move a little in either direction when they announce if Walton's playing.

Exactly right. IMO Tate wouldn't stick out so bad if we had a presence down low. I don't know how many assists Tate should of had where he put Egwu in a great situation and he just couldn't finish. Egwu has played more scared on offense then I have ever seen him this year, which is sad. Cant remember a big man either having the ball go through his hands or getting stripped going for a dunk more then him.

But Tate can be effective in this offense even without a 3 pt shot. He needs a scoring big man though. Tate isn't he problem alone, but match him with Egwu and you won't get much accomplished.

Thought it might be a little bit interesting to go back and look at the media predictions of B1G finish versus reality.

Predict Actual
Wisc Wisc
OSU Mary
MSU MSU
Nebr. Purdue
Mich Iowa
Minn OSU
Iowa IU
UI UI
IU Mich
Mary NW
Purdue Minn
PSU Nebr.
NW PSU
Rut Rut

The biggest misses?
Maryland and Purdue doe much better than predicted.
Nebraska, Michigan and Minnesota underperform. tOSU also, I guess.

And even though we were outraged with our position in the poll, they nailed us.

Orange & Blue tweety bird
Louisville, KY
BTN2GO works well.

idk about your BTN2GO, but mine is just horrible as far as quality of picture. My other sports apps like NBC, CBS, ESPN, NFL mobile, Sunday Ticket, etc....they all have excellent quality.

BTN2GO really needs to step up their game. I have to stop and re-open many times just so i can get 480i quality. That's sad.

Mom! The Meatloaf!
idk about your BTN2GO, but mine is just horrible as far as quality of picture. My other sports apps like NBC, CBS, ESPN, NFL mobile, Sunday Ticket, etc....they all have excellent quality.

BTN2GO really needs to step up their game. I have to stop and re-open many times just so i can get 480i quality. That's sad.
It works well for me. I watched a game in 3G the other day and it was fine.

Of course those predictions were made assuming we had Abrams, Cosby and Rice for the season.
Actually, did not assume Abrams.
Tracy injured in September, poll came out in October.
Cosby and Rice were still surprises.
Don't think we had the only surprises, however. scUM for sure.
Wsicy too, I think. Probably others.

Same for me. I have pretty good internet, too. Usually very few problems with WatchESPN quality.

St. Louis
We'll be in attendance for tomorrows games. Looking for Rice to prove that he's not "honorable mention" material.

ILL

We are training up on Friday. Won't get there early enough to see IL/Wisky assuming we win Thur. Have tix for the evening session Fri (DIL is an MSU alum). Hoping to see IL play on Saturday:D

Status
Not open for further replies.