Pregame: Illinois at Arizona, Sunday, November 10th, 8:00pm CT, PAC12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Prediction: This Illinois/Arizona will be far less memorable than the last Illinois/Arizona I was at :cool:
What would it take for this game to be more memorable than that one? Is it even possible? Would winning by a shutout, or winning by a hundred points make it more memorable? What about ten overtimes?

I don't think it is possible, absent cataclysmic non-hoop events occurring at the same place and time.

Kofi and Dre have been awesome, and our three studs from last year have not forgotten how to play.

We have one of the top starting line-ups in the country, and we show it Sunday night in an easy win over the young Wildcats.

Any advice on how to watch through Roku using Dish subscription that gets Pac12? I cannot find Pac12 channel on Roku, but seems odd they wouldn't have one.

The only way I see us losing to Arizona is if one of these 6 players gets into foul trouble. I expect Arizona to specifically pressure Kofi in an attempt to get him to the bench.

Feliz (24.8), Kofi (24.4), and Griffin (21.2) are all averaging over 20 points per 40 minutes with Ayo (17.9) and Giorgi (15.7) right behind. I expect Trent to sink some big time 3s and join these 5 on the way to an exciting victory over the Wildcats. Illinois is essentially a 7 man team right now so foul trouble is our biggest weakness but I think our front 6-7 are stronger than Arizona's.

Our clear best 6 are, Feliz (71), Kofi (54), Griffin (34), Ayo (67), Giorgi (51), and Trent (66) who have combined 343 of our teams 425 minutes (81%).
Our 7th best player is definitely Da'Monte with 4pts, 11 rebounds, 1s steal, 3 assists, and only 2 turnovers in 43 minutes (10%). He gets a lot of crap on this board for not being an offensive threat but I tend to agree with Underwood on his usefulness to this team, especially considering our lack of depth elsewhere. Da'Monte has the 2nd most rebounds per minute after Kofi (only slightly ahead of Feliz and Griffin). Da'Monte has also done a good job of handling the ball and has the 2nd highest A/TO ratio on the team (after only Trent).

What would it take for this game to be more memorable than that one? Is it even possible? Would winning by a shutout, or winning by a hundred points make it more memorable? What about ten overtimes?

I don't think it is possible, absent cataclysmic non-hoop events occurring at the same place and time.
There is literally no scenario where tomorrow is more memorable than the Arizona game. Greatest sporting event I have and almost certainty will have in my life. People that weren't there don't understand how the building absolutely shook the second Deron hit that 3. It shook.

There is literally no scenario where tomorrow is more memorable than the Arizona game. Greatest sporting event I have and almost certainty will have in my life. People that weren't there don't understand how the building absolutely shook the second Deron hit that 3. It shook.
No scenario? I was thinking of aliens from Area 51 landing at center court at halftime. That would be really close.

chiefini

Rockford, Illinois

I totally agree, Illini Jack.We were there, seven rows behind the AZ bench. It was fun to watch Lute Olson up close as he got more and more nervous, from walking casually, arrogantly laughing with a cup of pop in his hand until the last five minutes, to putting it down and getting angrier and angrier as our Illini made the comeback. It was SO loud and crazy and fun. We got to celebrate with high-fiving Marcus Liberty who was two seats away after the final buzzer. It was the greatest game in the history of the world, our best Illini memory ever.:chief::hailtotheorange::chief:

Not saying it would really compare, but today's football win was reminiscent of that game.

Deleted member 17900

D
If you are in Chicago and have Xfinity, Pac 12 network is included with NFL Network / Redzone.

I’m just hoping that Bill Walton isn’t doing color. I actually find him somewhat amusing, but only for games I don’t care about. For games I have an interest in he is annoying.

HoopCity

Huntsville, AL
For one game, I might just go to a sports bar. Sunday night, hopefully not to hard to get a screen.

I would call around first and make sure their feed is not with direct tv or they won't be able to get it ...

Have no idea on this game. Could be 20 pt victory or loss or anything in between. Haven’t shown last years pressure defense yet this year. Saving it for a surprise? Or canning it because it didn’t work? Could see a +20 pts from any of the top six (Alan being the sixth). Hoping BU has some surprises for this game as really thinking it is a matchup of coaches with talent being even.

Have no idea on this game. Could be 20 pt victory or loss or anything in between. Haven’t shown last years pressure defense yet this year. Saving it for a surprise? Or canning it because it didn’t work? Could see a +20 pts from any of the top six (Alan being the sixth). Hoping BU has some surprises for this game as really thinking it is a matchup of coaches with talent being even.
I predict that the first game we go into halftime with a 6+ deficit will be the one where the pressure D is reapplied. Hoping that’s not today.

Live in central IL, I do have an extra sports package (NFL Redzone, etc.) as apart of my Comcast/Xfinity, PAC 12 Network is on channel 1329. Looks really good.

t7nich

Central IL
A208D105-3570-4236-BBC6-41EA88CBF6CF.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.