Pregame: Illinois at Arizona, Sunday, November 10th, 8:00pm CT, PAC12

Status
Not open for further replies.

201154JC

Rockford, IL
I’m just hoping that Bill Walton isn’t doing color. I actually find him somewhat amusing, but only for games I don’t care about. For games I have an interest in he is annoying.
I was a fan of his as a player, however, I don't understand how he keeps a job as an announcer. Annoying is an understatement.
It's always all about Bill.

What would it take for this game to be more memorable than that one? Is it even possible? Would winning by a shutout, or winning by a hundred points make it more memorable? What about ten overtimes?

I don't think it is possible, absent cataclysmic non-hoop events occurring at the same place and time.

It would be impossible for it to be more memorable even if we were to win tonight. That Elite Eight game against Arizona is one of the top sports memories I will have in my life. Will never forget it. BTW you can watch the whole game on Youtube. It's the first result when you type in "Illinois vs Arizona". That said, I wouldn't mind a win against them tonight considering it would be very good for us...obviously.

Konnie

Western Suburbs
For the Chicagoland viewers, I got the following from my nephew:

If you have Comcast the basketball game is on Channel 419 or 1329 tonight.
1329 is the HD channel

However, you need to subscribe to the PAC 12 network.

Last edited:
I was a fan of his as a player, however, I don't understand how he keeps a job as an announcer. Annoying is an understatement.
I thought he was entertaining and an Illini booster at Maui last year but I can understand others opinions

I love Bill as an announcer, but I’d rather listen to him commentate for someone other than Illinois

Watched Purdue-Texas yesterday, definitely not Nichols State or Grand Canyon. Illini will have to elevate their game.

I already used my 7 day free pass on FUBU. Any other alternatives?????

PS
FUBU keeps billing you after you cancel your free trial

Watched replay of the Arizona and Northern Arizona game today. Tough to get a true gauge with NA being out manned, but looks like gonna be a real toughie. Few things that stood out.

1. They got height. Nnaji and Jeter start but also have Stone Gettings, a stretch 4 type transfer from Cornell.
2, They like to get up and down court. In fact that is what I noticed most about Nnaji — he really runs the floor. Has other strengths to his game, but he was going against smaller NA players so tough to see how it will play tonight against bigger foes.
3. Nico Mannion is really good. He doesn’t necessarily wow you all at once, but he is in control and runs the team.
4. They’ve got other talent at guard/wing and seem to be relatively unselfish with good ball movement.

I’ve not seen the Illini yet this year, so haven’t seen Kofi. And like I said NA was outclassed by Arizona, so hard to know exactly where they’re at. But though they have some big pieces who are young they also have some experience and are pretty deep. It is that depth that worries me because it looks like quality depth to me. If Illini win this it will be a well-earned victory — and not out of the question. But based upon what I’ve read on here so far about the play so far this year might have to be happy with a moral victory of keeping it close and something to build upon. Then again maybe the bad play has been because I haven’t been able to watch. Go Illini!!!!!

Watched replay of the Arizona and Northern Arizona game today. Tough to get a true gauge with NA being out manned, but looks like gonna be a real toughie. Few things that stood out.

1. They got height. Nnaji and Jeter start but also have Stone Gettings, a stretch 4 type transfer from Cornell.
2, They like to get up and down court. In fact that is what I noticed most about Nnaji — he really runs the floor. Has other strengths to his game, but he was going against smaller NA players so tough to see how it will play tonight against bigger foes.
3. Nico Mannion is really good. He doesn’t necessarily wow you all at once, but he is in control and runs the team.
4. They’ve got other talent at guard/wing and seem to be relatively unselfish with good ball movement.

I’ve not seen the Illini yet this year, so haven’t seen Kofi. And like I said NA was outclassed by Arizona, so hard to know exactly where they’re at. But though they have some big pieces who are young they also have some experience and are pretty deep. It is that depth that worries me because it looks like quality depth to me. If Illini win this it will be a well-earned victory — and not out of the question. But based upon what I’ve read on here so far about the play so far this year might have to be happy with a moral victory of keeping it close and something to build upon. Then again maybe the bad play has been because I haven’t been able to watch. Go Illini!!!!!
I am kind of over moral victories and ugly wins. No such thing, either a win or a loss. There are no asterisks in the win or loss columns. Time for a coaching statement.

I am kind of over moral victories and ugly wins. No such thing, either a win or a loss. There are no asterisks in the win or loss columns. Time for a coaching statement.

Yeah, I want to see a win but I’m also not expecting team to go undefeated. So if they play well and, lose a close one, and build upon that to finish easily in top half of B1G and go to the tourney then I can live with that.

Thanks Dan !! I just subscribed to fubo tv off Roku for the 7 day trial. Watching Portland at USC right now. Great feed and picture here in Huntsville.
Same here, but $70/month, WOW

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
I was going to sign up for Fubo today ... is it really that much of a headache canceling it? :(
they didn't charge me for the trial - they charge you when the trial is over and if they don't cancel you just dispute with your credit card web site. i dont think its a huge ordeal.

Steelyunk

Tobacco Road
they didn't charge me for the trial - they charge you when the trial is over and if they don't cancel you just dispute with your credit card web site. i dont think its a huge ordeal.
and the "cancel subscription" button is remarkably easy to find. doesnt seem like a squirrelly trial like so many you see online.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Comcast gave me a promo for $5/mo to add the Sports package that includes Pac12. You can cancel it any time.
No.
Brainer.

Deleted member 182960

D
Is there a Pac-12 tv app you can sign up similar to the BTN app instead of going through Fubo?

This is from my PAC-12 app. Hoping i will get to watch it without having to pay. . Just downloaded it today so we’ll see.

Attachments

• 1B70CAE3-746C-4505-A751-25224A3300D7.png
    1B70CAE3-746C-4505-A751-25224A3300D7.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 285
Just fun trivia fact last time Illinois played at Arizona was 2006. Didn't end up well for us since we lost 84-72. In fact, the last time we beat Arizona was the 2005 NCAA Elite game.

This is from my PAC-12 app. Hoping i will get to watch it without having to pay. . Just downloaded it today so we’ll see.

The Pac-12 has the worst streaming model of anyone I have ever seen. You cannot pay them money to get their channels directly. You need a tv provider, either traditional or streaming, that carries the channel. Otherwise you will not be able to stream the game using their app. By the way for anyone wondering, Sling TV Blue plus the sports pack is about 30 bucks per month and way easier to cancel than Fubo.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Walton is announcing the UCLA game that is on now. Phew

Mike

C-U Townie
Is there a radio or stats link?

Status
Not open for further replies.