Pregame: Illinois at EIU (Exhibition), Friday, November 3rd, 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you’re coming in for the game, the best food is definitely in Mattoon. Includes Stadium Grill, Don Sol, BW3, Freddy’s, Steak n Shake and other fast foods.

In Charleston, Ike’s now serves a good burger menu. Pagliais is a Charleston iconic joint. Brick House is a little more upscale bar and restaurant menu. El Rancherito and El Vaquero are your Mexican choices.

t7nich

Central IL
For those who believe Monical's is the best, it's not. Far from it as I don't think it's good. Pagliai's is still the go-to place for pizza in Charleston. Another place that serves good pizza that doesn't deserve enough praise is Casey's General Store. There is a Casey's on the southeastern side of Charleston on Route 130 for those that are interested.

Yeah well, that's just, like, your opinion man :D

Agree with the poster about Casey's Bfast pizza. Very good. But it absolutely kills my insides! :eek:

brapp33

Normal IL
If you’re coming in for the game, the best food is definitely in Mattoon. Includes Stadium Grill, Don Sol, BW3, Freddy’s, Steak n Shake and other fast foods.

In Charleston, Ike’s now serves a good burger menu. Pagliais is a Charleston iconic joint. Brick House is a little more upscale bar and restaurant menu. El Rancherito and El Vaquero are your Mexican choices.

The best pizza between Charleston and Mattoon is Villa Pizza in Mattoon. They used to have a place in Charleston but they closed that one. There is also a Windy City Pizza in Charleston but that place is hit or miss. At least a Villa Pizza and you can get a beer there too! Also there's Angelos in Mattoon. They serve Italian food and stuffed pizza which is pretty good. Their cheese sticks are the best around and they have the BEST marinara sauce.

The best pizza between Charleston and Mattoon is Villa Pizza in Mattoon. They used to have a place in Charleston but they closed that one. There is also a Windy City Pizza in Charleston but that place is hit or miss. At least a Villa Pizza and you can get a beer there too! Also there's Angelos in Mattoon. They serve Italian food and stuffed pizza which is pretty good. Their cheese sticks are the best around and they have the BEST marinara sauce.

Angelos and Villa are great but didn’t include because of distance; was focusing on I-57 corridor. Pagliais serves beer as well. I also forgot to mention The Uptowner/Rocs.

Correction: El Vaquero is in Mattoon. Los Potrillo is the other Mexican restaurant in Charleston. All are very good.

Oops sorry got on the food thread by mistake.

brapp33

Normal IL
Back to the game! Im thinking ILLINI 68-63.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Illinois Fighting Pizzas - 95
Eastern Illinois Cupcakes - 82

:D

CoalCity

St Paul, MN
Casey's is the fifth largest pizza chain in the US according to an article in the Des Moines Register from 2016. Hard to beat for a quick slice or two when traveling.

Dan

Admin
[YOUTUBE]XdkPBFaOu_E[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Jp5CB4cq5f8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]YIA0FIhrFYs[/YOUTUBE]

I see we are to the point of our annual pizza discussion.

No one touches Del Carmen’s east in Decatur. Well whenever they rebuild it that is.

Illwinsagain

Cary, IL
[YOUTUBE]XdkPBFaOu_E[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]Jp5CB4cq5f8[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]YIA0FIhrFYs[/YOUTUBE]

OK, I am really ready for the season to start! The fact that the players are using the same language as the coach tells me that they are listening.

This will be a bit closer than I think it should be because of all the experimentation but it will be a comfortable win.

Illinois - 88
EIU - 65

Last edited:

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Hearing BU's comments about how impressed he is with the teams conditioning makes me think we are going to wear some 6-7 deep teams out. Hopefully we can contain our foul troubles.:illinois:

Angelos and Villa are great but didn’t include because of distance; was focusing on I-57 corridor. Pagliais serves beer as well. I also forgot to mention The Uptowner/Rocs.

Was in Roc's about a month ago....food was good....beer was gooder:thumb:

Hearing BU's comments about how impressed he is with the teams conditioning makes me think we are going to wear some 6-7 deep teams out. Hopefully we can contain our foul troubles.:illinois:

Excellent point.

Does anybody have an analysis of teams we play who "on paper" should be a loss, but only go 6-7 deep? Might our depth be a tipping point?

This time tomorrow we'll be getting ready for tip-off! Wife will be watching Overwatch world cup - I'll be listening to the beloved. What a long offseason it's been.

jmilt7

Waukegan
Casey's is the fifth largest pizza chain in the US according to an article in the Des Moines Register from 2016. Hard to beat for a quick slice or two when traveling.

Okay, I am really really really sorry to go back to pizza talk on this thread and just as it seemed we left it to concentrate on the game tomorrow but, huh? I have never even heard of Casey's. Not that that is a pre-requisite for the existence of a business but seems if it is the fifth largest pizza chain I would have heard of it. Okay, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Okay, I am really really really sorry to go back to pizza talk on this thread and just as it seemed we left it to concentrate on the game tomorrow but, huh? I have never even heard of Casey's. Not that that is a pre-requisite for the existence of a business but seems if it is the fifth largest pizza chain I would have heard of it. Okay, back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Well you're in Waukegan so that's explains a bit, but they are all over in the smaller towns across the midwest. There is even one in Urbana although a bit far away from campus.

Whitmans Sampler

Eastern Iowa
Casey's pizza is a pretty big deal all across the state of Iowa. It's hard to believe that a gas station/general store can make something so non-gas station-y :D Most people I know prefer it over the typical pizza delivery chains, as do I.

Status
Not open for further replies.