Pregame: Illinois at EIU (Exhibition), Friday, November 3rd, 7:00pm CT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4960

D
Since this is an scrimmage game and it doesn't count I'm sure he's going to be using it as more of a teaching opportunity and winning as a secondary goal

Since this is an scrimmage game and it doesn't count I'm sure he's going to be using it as more of a teaching opportunity and winning as a secondary goal

Back on 1st page, 40$ donation got you KU/Mizznoz. We not KU, but I'm sure we have some takers, not 40$ though. Stream would draw many.

On Main St in downtown Urbana. I think where Crane Alley is, but might be off by a few doors. I mostly remember the giant fish tank.
As a kid, those aquariums were awesome. They were built into the space above the seat backs of some of the booths. I used to convince my parents to go there just so I could see the moray eel. If the pizza was good, I had no idea.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Pagliai's is a chain, there used to be one in C-U, not sure if it's there anymore. I can't remember the location (30 years ago :doh: ) but it was pretty good pie.

They have (or had) locations all over central/southern IL, some in Iowa, and I think even Indiana and Kentucky.

Edit: Disregard...different Pagliai's.....

Give me Monical's, or give me death.:illinois:

brapp33

Normal IL
Not sure if its officially sold out or not but the last I heard was 200 tickets left. If anyone is looking for a good burger, Joey's Place is the way to go. Best burgers and hotdogs in the county! Plus its basically right on campus at the intersection of 9th Street and Lincoln. The owner Mark Grant is an Illini grad and you get that Chicago burger/hotdog joint vibe when you are in there. Just dont ask him about Jimmy Johns... ;) Another place to eat at is called WB's, looks a little sketchy on the outside but the food is good plus you can get a beer there. Not a lot of room there but its on the northwest side of Charleston. Of course you can always go to Mattoon, which is off the interstate. It has BWW's, Stadium Grill, Denny's, The Alamo plus fast food joints etc. But if you are looking for a quick beer then the game, Marty's is where its at. Its walking distance to Lantz Arena, so you could park your car get a beer then go to the game.

Deleted member 182960

D
Does Charleston still have McHughes right off Lincoln?

I'm going to be disappointed to come on this thread after the game if DW and Smith don't have very good showings Friday. People need to remember that they are freshman. Smith could go for 25 one night and have a rough one another night. I definitely think he has the higher upside, so hopefully it plays out that way. Just a guy who makes the hole team better even if his points aren't at the top of the list. Even if he doesnt get the start, I'd assume he would have played more minutes than atleast 1 of the starting 3 guards.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
Does Charleston still have McHughes right off Lincoln?
Yes, McHugh's is still open. Forgot about them. My take:

They have good burgers. I like the Big Q burger. If you like some heat, try the Jalapeno Melt, and it'll burn your sinuses. The chili cheese fries are good, but not the best. Felt like they could've been better. I've never had any of their salads, so I'm not sure how they are.

Overall, probably the best burger joint in town. Yet, I think the best fast food joint is Jimmy John's. But there's a lot of eating establishments in Charleston that are diverse, and there's nothing wrong with that.

Captain Bubbles

Fairfield, IL
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that former Illini Tom Michael is still the AD at EIU. Pretty cool Illini connection there. Think this will help both teams by playing an exhibition before the real season begins.

BillyBob1

Champaign
What's Cookin in downtown Charleston was good a few years back.

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
What's Cookin in downtown Charleston was good a few years back.

It's still good but for some reason they close after 2pm.

Also, I seem to be the only EIU student that thinks Chubby's pizza tastes okay while sober.

jmilt7

Waukegan
I'm surprised no one has mentioned that former Illini Tom Michael is still the AD at EIU. Pretty cool Illini connection there. Think this will help both teams by playing an exhibition before the real season begins.

Maybe that was the connection that got this game scheduled?

Dan

Admin
Minnesota, Wisky and Rutgers all have exhibition games on BTN, guess we don't have any clout. Wondering how that happened? :confused::tsk:
BTN / BTN Plus is not going to broadcast games at EIU. Minnesota/Wisconsin/Rutgers are all playing on their home courts, so those games get broadcast on BTN Plus (not BTN).

Last edited:

Future Walk-On

Peoria, IL
It's still good but for some reason they close after 2pm.

Also, I seem to be the only EIU student that thinks Chubby's pizza tastes okay while sober.

I am eating leftover Digiorno Pan Pan Pan Pannnnnn pizza at my desk right now cold, not heated up and it's fine. Would I like Chubby's sober?

I would pay $5 +/- $3 to watch a stream.

ILL in IA

Iowa City
Who needs to watch the stream when we can get a break down from all our experts on here!

where can I get a list of illini radio stations broadcasting the game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.