Pregame: Illinois at Indiana, Thursday, January 3rd, 6:00pm CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 29907

D
growing pains.....blab,blab,blab
tough losses........blab,blab,blab
Tevian will NOT play..........I don't know what to say

BU looked as tight in that interview as the players do on the court....Maybe someone's yelling at HIM......
Ugg - that was underwhelming - I tend to agree on the tight interview. Perhaps he's concerned about being replaced by Tyler

A big part of the problem is that this is not a good passing team. Combine that with the fact that Alan G is the only player who cuts to the basket off the ball and you get a very stiff offense. He talks about getting the ball to Giorgi - but the number of times our guards or wings DON'T get him the ball when he has his man on his back is just frustrating to no end.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugg - that was underwhelming - I tend to agree on the tight interview. Perhaps he's concerned about being replaced by Tyler

A big part of the problem is that this is not a good passing team. Combine that with the fact that Alan G is the only player who cuts to the basket off the ball and you get a very stiff offense. He talks about getting the ball to Giorgi - but the number of times our guards or wings DON'T get him the ball when he has his man on his back is just frustrating to no end.
Agree with the passing. Off season we heard Giorgi was a good passer. Haven’t seen that. Ayo is a good passer, same with Feliz. Haven’t seen that. Lacking a facilitator these days. Scheme was supposed to provide these opportunities.

IU has a good team. Morgan and Romeo are very good and they have other guys that are capable. Our chances of winning are very remote

Probably about as remote as beating say an Florida Atlantic team?

Deleted member 9739

D
I just saw the AP rankings and noticed that 7 teams, or half of the Big Ten, (yeah that sounds really stupid) are in the top 25, including Indiana at #21.

With everyone else having so much success, it just reminded me of what a really bad season this is to be an Illini fan. :(

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
If they were to win this game, I may be more hopelessly confused than hopeful.

Eternal Optimist, Eternal Pessimist's, we ILLINI fans are a funny bunch....lol

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
By a relatively straightforward application of the Visually-Challenged Rodent Principle, we will win this game. QED.

TownieMatt

CU Expat
Chicago
If I were a gambling man, I would put every single beach house in the world on this.
As a gambling man, I am tempted to hammer this line for IU. I need someone to explain why we aren't at least 15 point dogs.

**This post is for entertainment purposes only.**

As a gambling man, I am tempted to hammer this line for IU. I need someone to explain why we aren't at least 15 point dogs.

Definitely putting the beach house on Indiana. If this team gave up the game for a miserable Florida Atlantic (missing players no less), when pride would dictate they show up and do something, it's really hard to believe they will have much will against a team that's closer to Gonzaga. But with these guys, who knows what you'll get. They could lose by 10, you know, just because some Illini fan out there was betting the spread. o_O

Starting to wonder what the over/(under) is going to be for guys announcing transfers before the season ends. So hard to believe we'll get through 18 more games of this futility without someone wanting to bail.

**this post is for venting purposes, mostily, and hopefully not predictive in any way**

I'm with you. I saw the line and thought maybe the game was in Champaign.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
UI has ADLR cleared to play.

And that matters how ?
Bigger betting line ?
Increases odds of Kane transferring ?

We are going to get waxed by 20 plus points no matter who plays for us including tevian and he isn't playing for the 8th and hopefully final game of his suspension....

We could go o'fer in the B1G this year....and again, I am a glass half full person but this year has drained that half glass optimism that I had before the season started....

please, please no more of the " young team....tough losses, brutal schedule " excuses.....Just win a game please

Nope, I got nothing. Beach houses away on IU.

UI has ADLR cleared to play.

And that matters how ?
Bigger betting line ?
Increases odds of Kane transferring ?

We are going to get waxed by 20 plus points no matter who plays for us including tevian and he isn't playing for the 8th and hopefully final game of his suspension....

We could go o'fer in the B1G this year....and again, I am a glass half full person but this year has drained that half glass optimism that I had before the season started....

please, please no more of the " young team....tough losses, brutal schedule " excuses.....Just win a game please

ADLR gives us 5 more fouls and in BU's defensive scheme that is huge.

Deleted member 29907

D
ADLR gives us 5 more fouls and in BU's defensive scheme that is huge.
and don't forget those 5 more fouls = 7 more points to IU. Saw a stat that we have given up 83 (or something like that) more points from the line over the course fo the year so far - yeeesshhh. Cut that in half and we have maybe 3-4 more wins. Anyone else think a balance of zone could help - especially with Kane in there to help protect the rim unfettered...

#FreeTevian, #FreeTheZone, #FreeFromFouling

the national

the Front Range
Im expecting little from this game. I may watch; I may not. Either way my energy level will be low. In the past, i used to love to watch the trainwreck to see HOW BAD it really is. However, after Missouri, I just don't wanna do it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.