Pregame: Illinois at Iowa, Saturday, November 23rd, 11:00am CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 weeks to get ready for this one. Get rested as much as you can at this point in the season, hopefully get healthy enough to get some guys back. Regroup on D.

Lewerke was a lot more mobile than I thought, but the Iowa QB for sure isn't a runner, that should help a bit.

Go to Iowa City, wave to the kids, and beat Squawks.

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
With Penn State - Ohio State already locked in for Big Noon Saturday on FOX and no other super compelling B1G matchups, odds this is a BTN night game? Would be fun, but I'm not sure I want Kinnick under the lights...

We recieved a single vote in the AP top 25 poll. Never would have imagined getting a single vote any week at the beginning of this season. Let’s win these next two and head into the bowl game ranked!

Considering how dinged up Illinois is, the bye week couldn't have come at a better time. Iowa's going to have just gone through a slugfest, so they may still be licking their wounds, physically and mentally (assuming they lose). They may want to be up against Illinois, but in the backs of their minds will be the ability to flip the game at any moment, even 28 points in the last quarter. The footsteps are always right behind you.

Did they say what the severity of Hanson’s injury was? Hope him and Betiku are ready to go at Iowa.
I wanna say I heard that it was an exacerbated injury that has been nagging all season.

The old man and I were discussing the chances of a win at Iowa next week. We're still so wrapped up in the euphoria of yesterday's epic comeback that we totally forgot they have a bye next week.
:cry:

Illinois football is relevant in November. I love it!

The old man and I were discussing the chances of a win at Iowa next week. We're still so wrapped up in the euphoria of yesterday's epic comeback that we totally forgot they have a bye next week.
:cry:

Illinois football is relevant in November. I love it!
I just had the same conversation with my wife. I don’t want to wait two weeks 😕

Couple of thoughts - 1) If the Illini don't get a few key defensive regulars back from injury this game could be serious challenge. 2) Against decent defenses the best way forward is to pass to set up the run.

Anyway - enjoy the win for another day.

I’ll be there. :) A lot to ask in the cold before Thanksgiving, but anyone who can should go. Here are your reasons:

1) Iowa City is super fun. It really is.
2) Their fan base is demoralized, so tickets shouldn’t be sky high.
3) Our orange will show super well against their black.
4) I’ll buy you a beer.

Go Illini!
All good reasons

I’ll be there. :) A lot to ask in the cold before Thanksgiving, but anyone who can should go. Here are your reasons:

1) Iowa City is super fun. It really is.
2) Their fan base is demoralized, so tickets shouldn’t be sky high.
3) Our orange will show super well against their black.
4) I’ll buy you a beer.

Go Illini!

Wish I could make it, live too far now. Used to go to football and or bball games every year in IC. You’re right, it’s a super fun town. Good times going out there, especially after a win!

Dan

Admin
Time/TV set: 11:00am CT, BTN

I like the early start. Granted I live out of state so there is no early morning driving for me. I'm just an inpatient person and don't like waiting all afternoon

Deleted member 654622

D
After Peter's game vs Michigan St. I am not saying we need to go all air raid O but a 50/50 run pass play call needs to be the norm. Peters got comfortable and starting throwing some dimes.

Playing with house money from here on out!!!

I respectfully disagree. They have to beat NW.

Respectfully, I'm not sure what you are disagreeing with. "House money" means we're playing 13 games this year no matter what happens in the last two regular season contests. I want us to run the table and have better and better bowl invitation prospects. I want us to beat little brother for the sake of pride, but "have to beat NW" is perhaps a bit strong.

What I want right now is to pluck some Hawkeyes clean, plant a Block I flag at midfield at Kinnick, and see Lovie give Kirk Ferentz a Chester Frazier-style post-game chest bump.

Deleted member 652751

D
I respectfully disagree. They have to beat NW.
Don't know that we HAVE to beat NW. We have 6 as it stands now, which I feel was the measure for a very successful season for IL Football.

I'm as greedy as anyone, however, and would certainly take two more wins before the bowl game! What I meant by house money was that we have already met the goal for success, anything more is simply gravy.

I had that conversation with my wife. She doesn't want to wait two weeks either. Nor does she doesn't want to have to wait to see Illinois play football again.
Correction: Nor does she want to have to wait...

Status
Not open for further replies.