I think keys will be

1) Poor weather, will even things up
2) Win kicking/punting
3) Avoid mental mistakes/penalties
4) Bring intensity

Do these things and we have a shot

I think keys will be

1) Poor weather, will even things up

Doesn’t look particularly cold in IC but regardless, unfortunately, this wouldn’t even anything up for us. Outside of a high propensity to settle for FGs, Iowa does nothing predicted upon weather conditions.

breadman

Herndon, VA
To win today: Peters' arm and accuracy.
Are you kidding me?
This kid has been throwing passes all season that recent O&B QBs haven't come close to doing for us.
Rod Smith has been instrumental at giving Peters the green light this season.
And of course, BheBhe has been hauling them in.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Not specifically Illini related but, illustrating the importance of turnovers.

I witnessed a high school playoff game last weekend where a team entered the 4th quarter down 16-7. They didn’t have single offensive snap in the 4th quarter but, scored 2 td’s. Both long fumble returns. They won 19-16.

Unfortunately my team was on the wrong end of that one.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Not specifically Illini related but, illustrating the importance of turnovers.

I witnessed a high school playoff game last weekend where a team entered the 4th quarter down 16-7. They didn’t have single offensive snap in the 4th quarter but, scored 2 td’s. Both long fumble returns. They won 19-16.

Unfortunately my team was on the wrong end of that one.

SycIllini
So sorry to hear that.
That was my experience watching the Bob Blackmon years as coach in the mid 70s. Seemed like we were just about to break through and then some inexplicable thing happened and we lost the game. Very frustating indeed.

Pre-game just said no Jake Hansen today.

If Tolson plays the way he did 2 weeks ago, we are in serious trouble.

I want to see Peters pick apart a defense. If he does that, Illini win this thing straight up by jumping to a lead and then sitting on it. Just like Ferentze hopes to.

Let's see if Rod and Peters are up to the challenge. Rod said something clicked with Brandon late at MSU, so there's a chance they're 'in the zone'. That's what I'm hoping to see, because how fun would that be?!

But we all know the bottom line. This thing will be won or lost by the big guys. Those who win the LOS will win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.