Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois at Iowa
Sunday, February 2nd
12:00pm CT
FS1

:illinois:

Our schedule is so tough right now... our guys need to keep composure throughout this time... watching Garza now- he’s tough.. gotta have good game plan for him.. we need to pressure their guards big time so we can keep ball out of Garza hands

Illinifan533

Normal, Illinois
With our limited bench depth, I'm perfectly fine with the defensive identity this team (next year's team should be better offensively )has for this season. It would be nice if Kipper and Damonte could chip in a few buckets but that stuff is gravy after the efforts they put in tonight doing the dirty work. I hope this defensive effort continues against an Iowa team that has torched us offensively in the BU era.

With our limited bench depth, I'm perfectly fine with the defensive identity this team (next year's team should be better offensively )has for this season. It would be nice if Kipper and Damonte could chip in a few buckets but that stuff is gravy after the efforts they put in tonight doing the dirty work. I hope this defensive effort continues against an Iowa team that has torched us offensively in the BU era.
I am rooting for DMW and Kip... I really hope this gets their confidence up because I really think they played a great game.. if they each can give 5-6 points each.. and rebound and defend like they have been. We can really do damage

Beating Iowa on the road will not be easy.....Lurch (Garza) will be Kofi and Gorigi"s toughest test to this point...gonna have to shoot the ball better than we did tonight

Should Giorgi guard Garza? It doesn't seem like Garza is quite as excellent at banging inside. He seems to be unreal at facing up and shooting jump shots over people.

Last edited:

illini80

Forgottonia
Just keep fighting! We know we will get hosed by the refs, but this team is tough as nails and that gives us a chance at the end.

I've watched some Iowa games lately anticipating this matchup. It seems this game can be Illinois' if they can bring the D. Keep them in the low 60s at the most for a W.

I expect to win this. Iowa was awful last game and are getting beat right now. As the score stands, we played Maryland better and that was before we turned it on...

Status
Not open for further replies.