Pregame: Illinois at Iowa, Sunday, February 2nd, 12:00pm CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the game will see 8 points 6 rebounds out of Tev. Pound them inside early to open the driving lanes for layups and kick out three's. Would like to see us press them a little early in the game to get the starting 5 tired. Great team just not that deep!.
I really hope your right, but I see zero reason to believe TJ does anything for us. In fact, with AG back, I would not be surprised if he even sees the floor. Reality is TJ has had his chance during both the suspension and practice for the past several games and really done nothing. Frankly, Tyler Underwood gave us more against Minnesota than TJ and it was not close. I simply don’t see what the TJ fans see at this point? Given all the transfers right now, just hard to see him really wanting to be here long enough to obtain Underwoods trust either this year or next.

I really hope your right, but I see zero reason to believe TJ does anything for us. In fact, with AG back, I would not be surprised if he even sees the floor. Reality is TJ has had his chance during both the suspension and practice for the past several games and really done nothing. Frankly, Tyler Underwood gave us more against Minnesota than TJ and it was not close. I simply don’t see what the TJ fans see at this point? Given all the transfers right now, just hard to see him really wanting to be here long enough to obtain Underwoods trust either this year or next.
(y)

Don’t recall the name Nunge, but didn’t Tyler Cook leave early as well?

Yup on Cook, Nunge started 5 of 5 games this year and in 5th game he tore his ACL. Moss transferred to KU and Bohannon had surgery..

This is the game will see 8 points 6 rebounds out of Tev. Pound them inside early to open the driving lanes for layups and kick out three's. Would like to see us press them a little early in the game to get the starting 5 tired. Great team just not that deep!.
dont be surprised if Tev doesnt even see the floor

Verdonk has been hurt most of the season and he has a lot more tick than jones does. With AG back I dont expect to see Tev in at all unless it's a blow out one way or the other. Tyler Underwood got more time and played better last game. However if he does I'll be shocked but cheering for him and I dont care as long as we get the W.

SycIllini

Sycamore, Illinois
Sounds like I am in the minority here but, still think Jones has potential to do some good things here. His size and athleticism give us some tools and flexibility that we don’t really get from anyone else. I think what he needs more than anything is confidence. Hopefully he sticks with it beyond this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.