Pregame: Illinois at Iowa, Sunday, January 20th, 12:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_e5627293-8e62-5c83-ac53-eb003bf22da3.html

“I thought we were the aggressors against Minnesota,” Underwood said. “We have to try to establish that mentality again. It’s crazy how it works that when you’re aggressive, you foul less. When you’re passive, you’re reaching and a step late. Iowa is very, very good at putting pressure on you — like Minnesota is — in transition. ”

“We work every day, and that showed our work a little bit, that win,” Bezhanishvili said. “Our record doesn’t show it, but that one win showed that we’re working and getting better. We have to get more and more wins, and that’s the process.”

Said Underwood: “We continue to fight. You’re probably right. It would have broken a lot of teams, but not this one. This one keeps establishing some leadership, establishing some inner confidence because they keep working, and that’s all a coach can ask for.”

Illini 77
morans 76

giphy (6).gif

I believe Iowa will come into this game highly motivated, because they know a home loss to Illinois could do damage to their tournament aspirations.

I will got out on a limb here, if we shoot 44% and 56% again we will put the upset. :)
I hope we have turned the corner and will be competitive.

Joel Goodson

respect my decision™
Per McCaffrey, Cook will play today.

Of course. Only question is how effective he'll be. Terrible matchup for us (Nichols is too small). Bez will have to take him and Kane/De La Rosa will be on Garza.

Last edited:

illini80

Forgottonia
Not feeling great about this matchup, but hopefully we can stay out of foul trouble. If we can do that and stay aggressive, we have a decent chance.

Iowa switches up their defense a lot and we haven’t been great against zones and length this year. I think talent wise, we aren’t that far behind Iowa, I think we are much deeper at the guard/wings but their style of play and big men is going to make this a very challenging game to win. However; if we do win this game, i will be very excited for the rest of the season. Hoping we can at least make it competitive...

Iowa 82
Illini 73

Deleted member 645583

D
Illini: play today as you did against Minnesota and good things will happen. GO ILLINI!

Oh, and thanks for the avatar. I like it! Colorful. Check out Corn Fest - a downtown DeKalb celebration every late August. We get some good groups on stage and lots of brewskis!

If my math is correct, we will absolutely need this win today if we are to end the season on a 25-game winning streak culminating in a National Championship. So basically a must-win game. Let’s get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.