Pregame: Illinois at Iowa, Sunday, January 20th, 12:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think that .500 rule applies anymore. I could be wrong, of course. Shoot, given the strength of the conference, we could go .500 in the rest of conference play and our KenPom rating would probably be pretty respectable despite our record.

I just hope it's fun to watch, whatever the outcome.

They got rid of the .500 rule so they could add the rule that regular season conference champs are in. Too easy for a low-level conference champ to have a sub .500 overall record if they played a tough non-conference. They did not get rid of it to bring in more P5 teams with mediocre records.

We're not going to the NIT.

I'm curious are you from Iowa City or did you just end up there after college? Illini fans in Iowa City are as rare as snowflakes in July.

Not sure whom you were quoting, but I was born in Peoria, and my family moved to Iowa City when I was 8. I went to my first Iowa/Illinois game at Carver at about 9 or 10, and there was zero chance I’d defect after that. 2005 was when I was 13. I was soooo excited the day I got accepted to Illinois, but for several reasons - from money to family to at-the-time-girlfriend - I chose to stay in Iowa City for college. Never lost my love for the Illini, and I never will. Even converting my Iowa grad girlfriend to an Illini fan this year (we went to the UI/NU game in Evanston this year) ... imagine how easy it will be once we aren’t 5-12, LOL.

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
I hope some type of switch went off during the Minnesota game but I just can't see Illinois winning tomorrow. Iowa has too much inside. They win 80-66.

Listen, I think Ayo is great. He is what we want at Illinois. However, watching the Duke vs Virginia game and he is nowhere close to Barrett or Zion level. Those are nba prospects. ayo I think is a year or two away from getting there. Don't get me wrong, he is definitely on the radar...but if he leaves now.i think he is a.round two at best. I think he would benefit from another year in the college game.and weight training

What's everyone's thought on the starting lineup Sunday, I'm picking, Trent, Ayo, Demonte, Kipper and GB. With Fr minutes early also. Let's hope early fouls don't determine the rotations. Of course AJ also.

Last edited:
Not sure whom you were quoting, but I was born in Peoria, and my family moved to Iowa City when I was 8. I went to my first Iowa/Illinois game at Carver at about 9 or 10, and there was zero chance I’d defect after that. 2005 was when I was 13. I was soooo excited the day I got accepted to Illinois, but for several reasons - from money to family to at-the-time-girlfriend - I chose to stay in Iowa City for college. Never lost my love for the Illini, and I never will. Even converting my Iowa grad girlfriend to an Illini fan this year (we went to the UI/NU game in Evanston this year) ... imagine how easy it will be once we aren’t 5-12, LOL.

Good to have someone behind enemy lines

ILL in IA

Iowa City
I'm curious are you from Iowa City or did you just end up there after college? Illini fans in Iowa City are as rare as snowflakes in July.
We seem rare, but i have ran into and got to know quite a few Illini fans in IC now. I grew up in the Western burbs. I know some will laugh but I wouldnt move back to the Chicago area even if I had the chance now. But to say these games in Iowa city are my super bowl would be an understatement. Gotta have this one tomorrow.

the national

the Front Range
I don’t live in Iowa anymore but when I was there It felt the same way. It was the Super Bowl. There is just something so sweet about beating the Hawkeyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.