Pregame: Illinois at Michigan, Saturday, January 25th, 11:00am CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
#4, in 2020, with 5 recruits.

We are ranked #13 nationally, #2 in B10, with 3 recruits.

Just saying.

Hmmmm..... Where did you get that from?

57% even if we lose to Michigan and Iowa (both away)? It does not seem right, but cool if it works out. It pretty much means we win the rest or come very close to it, like 9-3. I have conceded Iowa and Rutgers (both away).

BTW, what's up with BVV? Is he still injured?

Check post number 37 on this thread by danielb. And 12-6 should be good enough for a double bye. Maybe 11-9 with the right tiebreakers.

I watched the last Mi game. What I noticed Simpson shot around 10-12 more shots than he normally shoots. The announcers made comments about his shooting. He missed a lot of shots.

Bailey

Los Angeles
Go under every Simpson ball screen. He cannot shoot. Plug that lane and we're golden.

Illinir1

Camdenton, MO
A win at scUM Saturday, with an MSU loss at Minny on Sunday, and the team will awake next Monday in sole possesion of first place in the B1G. I don't think this team needs it, but some extra motivation for Saturday's game.

Future of Tevian will be revealed in next two games. He will be needed in these games and if he shows up there is a future.

Not seeing it to be honest, BU doesn't seem to favor him. TJ hasn't done anything it would seem to earn the PT, or he would be playing. Jones imo is already gone, and the minutes in the next 2 games will probably bear that out as well.

some extra motivation for Saturday's game.

I think the motivation will get played up, especially with AG being out the next 2 games. BU will push that button to motivate his kids (Ayo) why not us, why not us....now go and win a couple!!!

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
Hmmmm..... Where did you get that from?

57% even if we lose to Michigan and Iowa (both away)? It does not seem right, but cool if it works out. It pretty much means we win the rest or come very close to it, like 9-3. I have conceded Iowa and Rutgers (both away).
Daniel's latest table is always the definitive source.......

To the surprise of likely no one, our last 6 game in conference win streak was... 2004-2005. You know, when we won the Big 10 and may or may not have been ref jobbed out of an NCAA Championship (I'm not bitter or anything).

Also, that was a streak of 25 !! TWENTY FIVE !! straight regular season Big Ten victories dating back to the 2003-2004 season. We were back-to-back Big Ten champs over that span. Makes one wonder IF we're in store for a special season IF we can pull this out tomorrow.

Last edited:

kiwanegarris22

South Carolina
To the surprise of likely no one, our last 6 game in conference win streak was... 2004-2005. You know, when we won the Big 10 and may or may not have been ref jobbed out of an NCAA Championship (I'm not bitter or anything).

Also, that was a streak of 25 !! TWENTY FIVE !! straight regular season Big Ten victories dating back to the 2003-2004 season. We were back-to-back Big Ten champs over that span. Makes one wonder IF we're in store for a special season IF we can pull this out tomorrow.
Special Season: With 8 teams sitting at either 5 or 6 wins, it would be safer to bet on the field.

But I’ll dream with you for awhile.....

haasi

New York
Detroit Free Press picks Illini 75-72. might be trying to jinx us. they cite livers absence, our hot streak, and Michigan’s inability to defend the post. Article says Michigan has changed its approach and now brings help to the post from the perimeter. I think that’s OK news for us- should create open looks. Unfortunately Allen out. We’ll probably need to move ball well and shoot well to punish them for doubling the post

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...linois-scouting-report-prediction/4557313002/

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Detroit Free Press picks Illini 75-72. might be trying to jinx us. they cite livers absence, our hot streak, and Michigan’s inability to defend the post. Article says Michigan has changed its approach and now brings help to the post from the perimeter. I think that’s OK news for us- should create open looks. Unfortunately Allen out. We’ll probably need to move ball well and shoot well to punish them for doubling the post

https://www.freep.com/story/sports/...linois-scouting-report-prediction/4557313002/

Trent Frazier:

giphy.gif

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Kofi is going to put up 20 & 15 on them.

Kofi was already unstoppable, but now he's gaining confidence as well. And our guards are improving in their ability to get him the ball near the basket. Expect total annihilation down low.

Not seeing it to be honest, BU doesn't seem to favor him. TJ hasn't done anything it would seem to earn the PT, or he would be playing. Jones imo is already gone, and the minutes in the next 2 games will probably bear that out as well.

Same. It seems like people project what they want.

Tevian has played 13 more minutes than Samson, who is last on the team in minutes. And Tevian has scored 1 more point than Samson (3 for the season). If you're that low on the depth chart, it seems wishful thinking to say he'll both get the call, and perform well. Never say never, but moving up on the depth chart from AG's suspension isn't likely to get him a lot of minutes unless he's turned it around in practice or someone else goes down.

Deleted member 29907

D
Go under every Simpson ball screen. He cannot shoot. Plug that lane and we're golden.
Kofi blocked and/or altered a number of his shots last time - the question will be whether or not they try to use that to draw fouls on King K.

Status
Not open for further replies.