Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois at Michigan
Saturday, January 6th
11:00am CT
BTN

:illinois:

Michigan has quietly compiled a good record. They should be beatable if we don't do the Illinois thing and pump our own feet full of lead. That's become a huge "if" this season. =/

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Need another Mizzou-type effort here. Want to win some games? Time to prove it.

Gunner23

Panama City, Florida
This game doesn't seem to be a good matchup for us at this time. scUM playing pretty well right now, we are on the road, and their students will be back. I want to see the same effort from start to finish, with no quit in any of these players. Hopefully we can start much better than 1-19 from the field, play hard, and steal one on the road. :chief:

Matchup-wise I think we are better in this one... Press defense is good against limiting 3-point oriented teams. but man why we are so much smaller than any team when I go to check opponent player statistics

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Expecting changes in the starting line-up. TF, DW, MA, MF, LB

There’s absolutely nothing about this game that makes me think it will go well.

Michigan has been playing well, we get no practice time on their floor, will be on the road for 4-5 days straight, students back, and players are still fighting illnesses.

GortTheRobot

North Bethesda, Maryland

Michigan has been playing well, we get no practice time on their floor, will be on the road for 4-5 days straight, students back, and players are still fighting illnesses.

...and the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor...time to beat the odds :thumb:

Is Michigan as good as Minny? No.
Will we jump out to as dismal start as we did with Minny? No.

Did we have a chance to win there? Yes. Got to within 4 anyway. I'm still thinking we win this by 7.

What makes you say that? Michigan is better than Minny from what I've seen. They've definitely been the hotter team as of late.

This one could very well be ugly, but I also don't think a win is impossible. Anything can happen in the Big Ten.

Will we jump out to as dismal start as we did with Minny? No.

Did we have a chance to win there? Yes. Got to within 4 anyway. I'm still thinking we win this by 7.

Michigan is ranked higher in Kenpom and barttorvik than Minnesota.

They have beat Texas and UCLA, both better teams than Minnesota's best win - which is us.

Michigan has absolutely been outplaying MN this year.

Michigan is ranked higher in Kenpom and barttorvik than Minnesota.

They have beat Texas and UCLA, both better teams than Minnesota's best win - which is us.

Michigan has absolutely been outplaying MN this year.

Neither is ranked in top 25 or even honorable mention. So, they're probably pretty even. Minny has all their players back, and that's why I think they're better. jmo

Neither is ranked in top 25 or even honorable mention. So, they're probably pretty even. Minny has all their players back, and that's why I think they're better. jmo

Neither is Longwood. They must be pretty even with Minny and Michigan as well...

Neither is Longwood. They must be pretty even with Minny and Michigan as well...

I was speaking to both be comparable Big 10 teams. Longwood's a far cry from that setting.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Again, I believe we will steal at least two wins in the BIG that we have no business winning. This could be one. It is winnable. If we can beat Minn, in their house in one half, we can beat scUM in one half in their house. Now just come out and play one half even.

Hot take: We will not start this game 1-20

I was speaking to both be comparable Big 10 teams. Longwood's a far cry from that setting.

OK...Rutgers also isn't in the top 25 or an honorable mention. They must be pretty even with Minny and Michigan.

Again, I believe we will steal at least two wins in the BIG that we have no business winning. This could be one. It is winnable. If we can beat Minn, in their house in one half, we can beat scUM in one half in their house. Now just come out and play one half even.

Hot take: We will not start this game 1-20

0-20?

OK...Rutgers also isn't in the top 25 or an honorable mention. They must be pretty even with Minny and Michigan.

Ken Pom rankings
Michigan 32
Minnesota 41
Rutgers 125
Longwood 350 (351 total teams)

On the plus side, we're pretty even with Michigan.

On the down side, we're pretty even with Rutgers.

Status
Not open for further replies.