Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois at Michigan State
Saturday, November 9th
2:30pm CT
FS1

:illinois:

Man, a win here would be huge both for program momentum and bowl games. 7-5 (or dare I say 8-4?) would likely get us a much better bowl game than 6-6.

Also, would be so nice to go into that Northwestern game without bowl elegibility on the line. Even though Northwestern is bad this year, I just can’t get myself to feel confident about it for some reason.

Last edited:
Can't have a slow start, but this is winnable.

100% correct we can not start slow against MSU. They’re not Rutgers, they won’t hand us a chunk of points and our passing offense is not good enough to play from behind on the road. We must get out to a fast start. It can be done though, if the OL can do it’s job and Rod mixes things up a bit it can be done.

What section should I buy...anybody know where the Illini fans will be?

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
MSU is kind of like Wisconsin Lite. Difference is we'll be playing at their place, which means we'll have to bring our A game just like Wiscy if we want to beat them. I think we'll be motivated to get that bowl game though, so no worries about that. Think it will be a close one and hopefully we keep the Turnover Fairy on our side.

MSU is kind of like Wisconsin Lite. Difference is we'll be playing at their place, which means we'll have to bring our A game just like Wiscy if we want to beat them. I think we'll be motivated to get that bowl game though, so no worries about that. Think it will be a close one and hopefully we keep the Turnover Fairy on our side.

MSU is coming off the bye as well. A week to rest and two weeks to prepare for a home game. We need to bring our A game and then some.

I still think we have a legitimate shot to finish 8-4. I’d love to win this one just to keep that dream alive. I’m glad the players and coaches seem to be thinking just win the next one, but as fans, were allowed to already project ourselves in the Outback Bowl, right?

Would love to get this one so we can play with house money the last 2 games. Iowa will be tough on the road and I’d prefer not to be Fitzee’s bowl game this year, as bad as they are.

Speaking of Fitzee, please see at 45 seconds.

You got to love that kind of a game plan

redwingillini11

North Aurora
We can catch these guys looking ahead a week to Michigan. Mort D'Antoni is so that kind of coach. Beating Michigan State would honestly rival the Wisconsin game as far as the thrill of victory, just because going on the road to a big name program and clinching bowl eligibility with two games left. Saturday can't get here soon enough!

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Is it just me or does Mark Dantonio look like he's miserable at all times? He doesn't look like a fun coach to play for.

This is the most exciting stretch of Illini football since the infamous 6-0 start in 2011. I’m nervous as all hell, but this game is winnable. This MSU squad is struggling and we are on an upswing. Come out ready to kill! Total silence in Spartan Stadium. Stunned faces by the tens of thousands. I need to see it.

I just want to acknowledge how strong our linebacker play has been. Given miles success, should we look to find a position for mary Anne?

We can catch these guys looking ahead a week to Michigan. Mort D'Antoni is so that kind of coach. Beating Michigan State would honestly rival the Wisconsin game as far as the thrill of victory, just because going on the road to a big name program and clinching bowl eligibility with two games left. Saturday can't get here soon enough!

From what I’ve seen on reddit, MSU fans seem very nervous they’ll blow this game. Can’t say I don’t feel the same way. I don’t think they’re taking this one for granted, as much as I wish they were.

Status
Not open for further replies.