Pregame: Illinois at Michigan State, Saturday, November 9th, 2:30pm CT, FS1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm hoping Smalling is just week-to-week status. They would have said something by now if it was season ending right?

Not with Lovie. It could be really bad or something small and we’d likely not be informed.

Not to sound mean or anything, but those two being able to play is much more important for success than Smalling IMO. They have a few receivers that have stepped up to outperform him since he went out.

From the field stand point, I would agree. Much like the Mike Epstein situation, the hurt we feel is not on the field, it’s off.

Deleted member 645583

D
I posted that I thought Dre might have a future in pro ball. That speed, strength ... punt returns, kickoffs, special teams? We shall see, but I think some pro team will give him a chance.

Today his high school coach agreed with me. He also said Dre was "excited" about what's happening. Aren't we all!

I'm anxious about MSU game. That's the word, anxious.

One more win, guys! Yes, Lovie,: use a possible bowl game as an incentive to beat not only the Spartans but also to run the table.

Wouldn't that be something?

Sharing at the risk of jinxing us, but I took ZzzQuil last night and had the best dream. The Illini beat MSU and win out (9-4). Minnesota loses to Penn State and Wisconsin. Wisconsin falls to Iowa. The beloved win the West and are headed to Indy. I’m pretty sure I was at the CCG in Indy and the atmosphere was LIT.

If this happens, you guys can thank me.

DrewD007

Woodridge, IL
Not with Lovie. It could be really bad or something small and we’d likely not be informed.

So long as he's been at Illinois, if it's a season ending injury he's announced it.

So long as he's been at Illinois, if it's a season ending injury he's announced it.

Not right away he hasn't. He waited two full weeks to tell us, and I quote "we may have something to announce this week" with Trevon Sidney....two full weeks after the Minnesota game. I don't do the twitter thing much anymore but Sidney's injury was out to the open via that platform long before that time.

Sharing at the risk of jinxing us, but I took ZzzQuil last night and had the best dream. The Illini beat MSU and win out (9-4). Minnesota loses to Penn State and Wisconsin. Wisconsin falls to Iowa. The beloved win the West and are headed to Indy. I’m pretty sure I was at the CCG in Indy and the atmosphere was LIT.

If this happens, you guys can thank me.
Don't think I want this developing team clobbered by The Ohio State University.

How about sending Minnesota? :)

Don't think I want this developing team clobbered by The Ohio State University.

How about sending Minnesota? :)

I will gladly take that beat down if it means we’ve won the West. The crowd was loud and I was ecstatic at the CCG, so I’ll cling to that feeling as long as I can. If we somehow get to Indy and beat an undefeated Ohio State team, we’re getting a great bowl game...something our players and fan base are long overdue for

I posted that I thought Dre might have a future in pro ball. That speed, strength ... punt returns, kickoffs, special teams? We shall see, but I think some pro team will give him a chance.

Today his high school coach agreed with me. He also said Dre was "excited" about what's happening. Aren't we all!

I'm anxious about MSU game. That's the word, anxious.

One more win, guys! Yes, Lovie,: use a possible bowl game as an incentive to beat not only the Spartans but also to run the table.

Wouldn't that be something?
Just found out from an article that Dre Brown and I graduated from the same high school....had no idea. Sorry, just talking out loud.

Last edited:
So the guy who thinks we can win every game has no expectations for this one? Interesting. 🤷‍♂️

Not truer, never thought we had a prayer in he!! of beating Wisconsin and thought your chances were poor vs Michigan. Can't see how there is any pressure on us or any expectations when we're a 15 point dog. I guess you can...:noidea: BTW the thought that we can win is not the same as having pressure or expectations to win. I would say there were expectations to beat Rutgers.

Deleted member 645583

D
Just found out from an article that Dre Brown and I graduated from the same high school....had no idea. Sorry, just talking out loud.

Wake up, friend. Where have you been? Everybody , since my posts way back, knows Dre is from DeKalb.

Last edited by a moderator:
re: injuries - seems Smalling is out for year - not optimistic about Woods - Betiku probably back? Anyone else that is dinged up outside of the ones we already know about? I know Vederian came back in game after getting dinged - hopefully nothing major.

The word seems to be--and I'm just going by what I remember reading--that Michigan State is weak offensively. Which means our takeaway defense is likely to be able to work some of its magic, perhaps even a TD. Then their defense is better than our offense, so we might have to bring Blake out to work his magic. Which puts Michigan State's offense back on the field, and our defense comes back on the field and....with a defense that can score, we might be able to make this thing a W.

I think this game is very winnable...it's not that I expect us to play like we did against Wisconsin but we have been playing better and better with each game. I think we can score enough points to win this game. MSU has struggled to score tallying only 17 points over their last 3 games including a shutout at Wisconsin. The other two losses were at tOSU and v PSU. I just am not that impressed with MSU this year and they have some injuries that I think we can exploit. It will be a tough game on the road but if we can defend and get some turnovers I like our chances.....

breadman

Herndon, VA
The word seems to be--and I'm just going by what I remember reading--that Michigan State is weak offensively. Which means our takeaway defense is likely to be able to work some of its magic, perhaps even a TD. Then their defense is better than our offense, so we might have to bring Blake out to work his magic. Which puts Michigan State's offense back on the field, and our defense comes back on the field and....with a defense that can score, we might be able to make this thing a W.

Hey! I'll take 6 or 7 off of McCourt's foot this week anytime!!

I think this game is very winnable...it's not that I expect us to play like we did against Wisconsin but we have been playing better and better with each game. I think we can score enough points to win this game. MSU has struggled to score tallying only 17 points over their last 3 games including a shutout at Wisconsin. The other two losses were at tOSU and v PSU. I just am not that impressed with MSU this year and they have some injuries that I think we can exploit. It will be a tough game on the road but if we can defend and get some turnovers I like our chances.....

Incredible strategy.

Incredible strategy.

Quick, get Lovie on the phone!

15.5 has been line at most books since Tuesday morning. They are a top end defense and we still have to prove we can play week in and week out.
Good point. We have to be realistic. Every team we have played has moved the ball on us. If we dont create turnovers our chance of winning goes way down. The offense needs to eliminate three and outs and not turn the ball over.

Deleted member 645583

D

You're thinking too loud.
With all respect, Me.

Status
Not open for further replies.