Not open for further replies.

Dan

Admin
Illinois at Michigan State
Tuesday, February 20th
6:00pm CT
ESPN

:illinois:

Going to be a tough game for Illinois- Short turn around time to get ready for a very good team on the road.

Illinois players looked spent as they left it all on the line at home to win. I also know Michigan State gave its all on the road coming back from 27.

I would venture to guess the Line will be Michigan State -11.5

foby

Bonnaroo Land
Hopefully it won't be nearly as ugly as I think it will be now.

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
Going to be a tough game for Illinois- Short turn around time to get ready for a very good team on the road.

Its pretty BS that the Big Ten is running every team into the ground with schedule. Sun / Tue / Thur / Sun!? WTF

Illini_1979

Oregon
I feel bad for MF. That must have been one heckuva concussion. Hopefully, he will come back next year and help us get to the tourney.

blmillini

Bloomington, IL
I feel bad for MF. That must have been one heckuva concussion. Hopefully, he will come back next year and help us get to the tourney.

He really hasn't been out that long for a concussion. Most take at least a week. And the NCAA protocol takes a fair amount of time.

Ransom Stoddard

Ordained Dudeist Priest
Bloomington, IL
Its pretty BS that the Big Ten is running every team into the ground with schedule. Sun / Tue / Thur / Sun!? WTF

I think this is because the B1G tourney got moved up a week. It would have made way more sense to alternate those short turnarounds earlier in the conference schedule. If the unthinkable happens and we run to the B1G final, it will be 9 games in 13 days. That's pretty much an NBA schedule.

Mark Smith keeps plugging away

Mark Smith showed a great deal of maturity and character at the end of the interview. He was given a chance to blame some of his defensive struggles on the officiating. The questions was wide open and many would have taken the opportunity to at least indirectly provide an excuse or show frustration. Instead he just smiled and said no comment. A further indication of good possibilities in the future.

Dan

Admin
The Nebraska game was originally scheduled for Saturday, but somehow it slipped that the IHSA Wrestling Tournament was being hosted at SFC that day, so game was moved to Sunday and that's how we got to having only 1 full day of rest prior to a road game.

Illinois and Northwestern are the lucky B1G schools having 4 games in this final stretch of the regular season (the other B1G teams have 3 games). Go Illini

Last edited:
I'm sure Izzo will challenge his team to take care of the ball better than last time they played us. And I'm sure BU will be working on a way to prevent all those alley oops.

Unfortunately, without Finke it's tough to see us even being competitive in this one. I'm guessing we play them tough until our big guys run out of gas and/or get in foul trouble.

Obviously it's impossible to know how the rest of the season will shake out, but would you rather ruin MSU's chances at a B1G title or Purdue's? Taking home win vs road win out of the equation, I think I'd rather beat Purdue.

Obviously it's impossible to know how the rest of the season will shake out, but would you rather ruin MSU's chances at a B1G title or Purdue's? Taking home win vs road win out of the equation, I think I'd rather beat Purdue.

If we beat both we aren't choosing between the two. Just giving them equal treatment :thumb:

Not confident we win, but I'm excited to see our guys play high level competition like this again. Loved the first game because of the fight we showed, really want to see it again. Be tough and execute then hope they miss some shots they can make.

Illini_1979

Oregon
He really hasn't been out that long for a concussion. Most take at least a week. And the NCAA protocol takes a fair amount of time.

I guess it hasn't been as many days as it seems. The games are coming fast and furious so it just seemed like he has been out longer than I thought.

audie

The Great Northwest
If we get 'em down by 27, let's stomp on 'em!

All for the Madison Square Garden crap. Am sure I am in the minority, but liked it at the Fieldhouse as it is centrally located for the B1G.

Hope we can keep it close tomorrow night. ESPN game that would think potential recruits will be tuned in to.

I'm going to watch for two things. First, I think we've been doing a much better job lately at collapsing down on cutters. Can we keep that up? Second, during an early time-out last time, Izzo remarked that we were consistently slow at getting back on defense, and they up-tempo'd us, taking a ton of shots before our defense set up. Will he do that again, and if so, will we be ready?

jrod1286

Pat Chambers
Illinois
I'm going to watch for two things. First, I think we've been doing a much better job lately at collapsing down on cutters. Can we keep that up? Second, during an early time-out last time, Izzo remarked that we were consistently slow at getting back on defense, and they up-tempo'd us, taking a ton of shots before our defense set up. Will he do that again, and if so, will we be ready?

We will also be watching lots of dunks :(

wILL-INI

Charlotte, NC
All for the Madison Square Garden crap. Am sure I am in the minority, but liked it at the Fieldhouse as it is centrally located for the B1G.

It makes 0 sense in New York. Does the Garden even have the same mystic to these kids? It sure doesnt to me. Also when you have chicago and indy in the heart of B1G country, and to ruin the schedules and hurt every teams tourney stock by playing it a week early. This is gonna be a disaster.

Again, if you are gonna be bad, this season isnt a bad one to throw away. It's putting so many teams in bad situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.