Pregame: Illinois at Minnesota, Wednesday, January 30th, 8:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finish 9-2, win 3 in the BTT, then sweat it out on Selection Sunday. Sound like fun?

Orange soda and orange goggles are ready.

Finish 9-2, win 3 in the BTT, then sweat it out on Selection Sunday. Sound like fun?

Orange soda and orange goggles are ready.

Wow....what you got mixed in that Orange soda???.....Maybe I'll try some

I hope they flew in to Minn, not bussed. Also I think Gb, Tev, AJ,Ayo, and Trent for tonight! We'll see what we got tonight, seems like it could be a smaller crowd per the weather, so maybe a little easier road game if there is one. If we stay out of foul trouble, I think we have a decent chance. Tev your table is ready! Sorry got beat to it.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Illini 75
goofers 69

I love my Illini and with tev starting I think he has a solid game with damonte and kipper helping out if he struggles or gets in foul trouble....Just watched the weather and cold record breaking lows...Let hope our shooting percentage is above average and Oturo is not playing...

GO ILLINI (y):cool:

Deleted member 746317

D
Samba offense.gif

A GIF, some points from first game v Minny, and couple of questions/comments on what others think for tonight:
  1. TJ is starting in place of DMW this time (I think this is very good/DMW probably should come off bench generally, and I'm solidly behind AJ)
  2. TJ/AG/Samba combined for 11pts last game (I think TJ will cover that tonight on his own, assuming he stays on court)
  3. Samba showed a couple of offensive moves last time, including the one in the gif on this post (Does Samba play tonight? Is that gif move really a part of his arsenal, or was that just an isolated moment?
  4. Last game, BU reportedly handed out pre-game note cards last Minny game to players with the word "rebounding" on it (GB ended up with 6 off boards that night; does that happen again? Is rebounding the key variable tonight?)
  5. Last time IL rebounding advantage and special games from AYO and GB were enough to overcome 16 turnovers and 20 fouls (Can IL win tonight with those kind of TOs and fouls?)
[** Note: I've followed Loyalty conversations for years, but this is my first post - hope it comes across alright ...**]

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
Minny is going to pound it inside early and try to establish down low and get fouls. If we foul early, it will be a long night. The first five minutes will tell us a lot.

Deleted member 746317

D
I do think it's important for GB and TJ in particular to get through that first 5 minutes looking steady and without fouling ... maybe TJ more than GB

Just figured i’d post this here cause I haven’t seen anyone reference it yet. But we are currently 350/353 in terms of luck. The basketball gods have been harsh on this young team
FA9FF079-E746-40B5-B546-2C855BA94DB9.png

The realist in me sees this as a very tough game to win. If by chance we pull this out then it may say more about Minny than us. I think we have turned a corner but there will still be disappointing setbacks. Sorry, it’s cold and couldn’t make it out for more orange drink.

Deleted member 746317

D
I'm not familiar with the Kenpom luck stat ... I went to the site and saw the following note:

1548898010162.png

Status
Not open for further replies.