Admin
Illinois at Nebraska
Saturday, November 10th
11:00am CT
BTN

Line: Nebraska -18.5

:illinois:

Last edited:
Haven't watched Nebraska all year. But based on their results they seem to be halfway between Purdue and Minnesota. Should be the perfect test for us.

A win would also get the team super motivated for an upset in the last 2 weeks to gain bowl eligibility against 2 rivals.

Nebraska hopefully has an Ohio St hangover and doesn't have a particularly good D. This game could be interesting if our D plays as hard as they did today

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
Nebraska has a high powered offense with the type of QB Illinois hasn't been able to figure out. Offense will have to have a big day and the defense will have to play assignment sound if they want to have a chance.

Don't know what to think about this game. Will the team stay focused and keep improving, or will they backslide?

illini80

Forgottonia
Happy the boys had some success today. I don't have a great feeling that it will translate, but game was called differently too so maybe (hopefully) that was a big part of it. Nice to see some new looks.

Man I hope we can win this one. Would be great to have a shot against Iowa or NW for bowl eligibility. If we are at 5 Ws I’d feel great about that NW game - that is the exact type of team the Illini could get

Nebraska makes me nervous. Their offense looks so good at times - after the Maryland game I felt Neb might hang 70 on us. Lovie called a great game today and besides the two (all too familiar) long pass plays in 4Q we played better than we have all year. Hopefully we’ll see equally as large of strides with 1 more week under Lovie’s DC stint

Deleted member 746094

D
Could be a shoot out if our offense performs like it did today. Watched most of 2nd half of vs OSU game today and RC could have another big game as NE didn’t look great on D. Their offense can be explosive as Martinez has tremendous talent. Great test to see if we took a huge stride today or just beat a bad team at their worst.

Nebraska has way more talent than us. So does Iowa and northwestern. Be happy with 4 wins and begin counting wins next season

breadman

Herndon, VA
For this game, it's our 5th year senior QB against their true freshman QB. It's that simple. I have a bad feeling about this game, but I am also very hopeful for the best. I think our young team is getting a feeling of breaking out big time. To do that against Nebby at their place this week would be huge for the program.

I sure hope this isn't our coaching staff's message to our guys.

The coaching staff is developing players in a system. They are focused on much different things than we are. And the reality is that Nebraska was up against Ohio state for considerable parts of the game this week. We don’t have close to that level talent yet. It would be smart to temper expectations.

I'm all for tempering expectations, but R. Smith can call offensive plays to give us a shot at winning and L. Smith can call defensive plays to give a freshman QB fits. That's what I want to see. In the game to the end.

If we can hang relatively close for most of the game I'll take it. Nebby has more good athletes and more good football players than we do at this point, and they are at home. They were awful early but seem to be gaining a little momentum as the season progresses. Not trying to be Debbie Downer but I don't like our chances unless Nebby pulls a South Florida on us.

How far in advance do they announce kickoff times for this last 3 games?

At least we are still going to watch. What a turnaround. Hopefully we don't get crushed again on the road. Happy for progress.

GO ILLINI!

Dan

Admin
How far in advance do they announce kickoff times for this last 3 games?
Nov. 10th @Nebraska game was just announced an 11:00am CT (BTN) kickoff.

Update- Nov. 17th Iowa game time won't be announced until this weekend (Nov. 10th or 11th).

Last edited:

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
The coaching staff is developing players in a system. They are focused on much different things than we are. And the reality is that Nebraska was up against Ohio state for considerable parts of the game this week. We don’t have close to that level talent yet. It would be smart to temper expectations.

Nebraska was worse per F/+ than Minnesota going into yesterday, though that will likely change.

It's true that Nebraska has been getting stronger as the year goes along while it seems like Minny is deteriorating. Plus it's in Lincoln. I'm certainly not expecting a win, but a return to our Purdue/Maryland form would merit a Purdue/Maryland type reaction.

We should be competitive in this one. We should be competitive from now until forever.

Nov. 10th @Nebraska game was just announced an 11:00am CT (BTN) kickoff.

If the following 2 games the media partners are no longer allowed to do the annoying 6-day pick then-

Nov 17th Iowa game time will be announced tomorrow (Mon., Nov. 5th)
Nov 24th @Northwestern game time will be announced Mon., Nov. 12th

Great. Thanks for info!

Nebraska was worse per F/+ than Minnesota going into yesterday, though that will likely change.

It's true that Nebraska has been getting stronger as the year goes along while it seems like Minny is deteriorating. Plus it's in Lincoln. I'm certainly not expecting a win, but a return to our Purdue/Maryland form would merit a Purdue/Maryland type reaction.

We should be competitive in this one. We should be competitive from now until forever.

I think our offense will push their defense, but their offense will likely get what they want

I think our offense will push their defense, but their offense will likely get what they want

Also, I’m not surprised by Purdue. They have an extraordinary offense. I agree that Maryland was disappointing and it’s not worth over reacting. We had a bad day and adjustments were made. That’s how you build a program. We will have many more bad days over the next two years. What matters is that the team is improving, I think that regardless of how the season ends, we have an improved team. And next year, I still think we will he bowl eligible. I don’t think that we have the personnel to match the speed of a top tier offense or defense. Injuries have hurt that. I think if we can add 6 or 7 playmakers to next season, we are going to see improvement again next year.

Yeah, and they started 0-6, and we were beating Penn State. Saturday could provide us with literally anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.