Pregame: Illinois at Nebraska, Saturday, November 10th, 11:00am CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nebraska will give up some big plays to us. Our D will most likely do the same - we need to bend but not constantly break (more along the lines of USF or 3qs PSU).

We should have special teams advantage - we need to win there. Nebraska is more penalized than us. If they make the big penalties and we come out on top in turnovers I think we will certainly be in good position for a W

If we don’t win STs, penalties, and turnovers and just try to go blow for blow with Nebraska’s O versus our O I don’t love our chances near as much

My concern is that we've really had problem getting containment. End runs and jet sweeps really eat us up. I can't believe Minny didn't try more of that. With their running QB I think we could have problems. I'm sure Nebraska is the best (by far) 2-7 team in the country and could cause some real matchup issues for us.

SKane

Tennessee
Illini have not played two good games in a row in years.

Therefore, I expect that Nebraska will win by two touchdowns, 35 - 21.

I don't think that the Illini will get embarrassed though.

My concern is that we've really had problem getting containment. End runs and jet sweeps really eat us up. I can't believe Minny didn't try more of that. With their running QB I think we could have problems. I'm sure Nebraska is the best (by far) 2-7 team in the country and could cause some real matchup issues for us.

Fair enough, but the Huskers are allowing 4.46 yard/carry. I'm thinking our dual threat run game can gash them.

Deleted member 649710

D
I think the Offense will hang 35+ on the Huskers. I have absolutely no idea which defense will show up.

illini80

Forgottonia
Nebraska's last 4 games look much better than our last 4. They've had a tendency to beat themselves which is what we will need to win imo.

One caveat is that you are describing the D under Nickerson. Maybe Lovie has some tricks up his sleeve that gets this D to make some plays.

Oskee67

Champaign

Warning: incoming rant.

Can someone please remind our equipment managers and football team that our colors are not orange and white? I was so hopeful that we would get past this with the orange on navy and navy on orange jerseys with no white trim, but it seems like they are just wearing more white at every opportunity to make up for it.

It's like they have one foot in the "let's be traditional" mind frame, and the other in the "let's change our uni combos every week because that's the trendy thing to do" camp. All the while neglecting to use our actual colors on a consistent basis. What ends up happening is we don't have brand identity and get pissy fans like me. O/b/o or b/o/b should be the only colors that flash on our TVs. Colors that any casual fan watching a. B1G game would quickly identify as illini at first glance.

/Rant

BZuppke

Plainfield
My contrary position to your rant is that constant uniform changes and combinations reflect the times we live in and the desires of the players. If this excites the players, that is the first priority - not the desires of 40 year old men sitting in their underwear in front of their computers.

Local news had a segment showing the "big Nebraska linemen" making snow angels on the football field.

ChiefGritty

Chicago, IL
Warning: incoming rant.

Can someone please remind our equipment managers and football team that our colors are not orange and white? I was so hopeful that we would get past this with the orange on navy and navy on orange jerseys with no white trim, but it seems like they are just wearing more white at every opportunity to make up for it.

It's like they have one foot in the "let's be traditional" mind frame, and the other in the "let's change our uni combos every week because that's the trendy thing to do" camp. All the while neglecting to use our actual colors on a consistent basis. What ends up happening is we don't have brand identity and get pissy fans like me. O/b/o or b/o/b should be the only colors that flash on our TVs. Colors that any casual fan watching a. B1G game would quickly identify as illini at first glance.

/Rant

s-l300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.