Pregame: Illinois at Nebraska, Sunday, December 2nd, 4:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I Truly believe that we are without a doubt the best 2-5 team out there in the most sincere way.

So we are a made basket away from beating the now #1 team in the country, as well as picking up a win Tuesday night, but suddenly we're Penn State of the late 00's / early 10's? This team is extremely young and unfamiliar with each other. Jordan Cornette put it beautifully on the broadcast last night when he said "every time we take the floor it looks like a string of first dates." Brighter days are ahead, and I'm looking forward to some of you enjoying a nice helping of crow when that times comes.

I would ask if you have watched a game yet. Probably also ask if you have been drinking

Very Watch. Much Drink. Obviously my post should have been in orange but it would be our first 2-0 start since like, what, 2010 or so? Yikes.

So we are a made basket away from beating the now #1 team in the country, as well as picking up a win Tuesday night, but suddenly we're Penn State of the late 00's / early 10's? This team is extremely young and unfamiliar with each other. Jordan Cornette put it beautifully on the broadcast last night when he said "every time we take the floor it looks like a string of first dates." Brighter days are ahead, and I'm looking forward to some of you enjoying a nice helping of crow when that times comes.

If we make the basket, Gonzaga wouldn't be ranked #1.

illini80

Forgottonia
Repeat after me, this is year 2, take a deep breath, this is year 2, take a deep breath!
Yes it is. And it could very well end worse than year 1. I'm not on the fire BU bandwagon at all. But I saw very little to make me hopeful in the last 4 games.

Nebraska is a legit top 25, top quarter B1G team. Experience and talent. Their defense is the exact polar opposite of ours.

All we need to save the season is a new offence, a new defense, and some key rule changes.

Fun stat, Nebraska has as many Illinois scholarship players on roster (Watson, Roby, Akenten) as Illinois (Ayo, AJ, DMW) averaging about the same total number of points (About 31ppg).

IllFanInMi

I
I do wonder why BU doesn’t apply more full and 3/4 court pressure? Huggy Bear has done it masterfully, but also has the monster and other lengthy guys to cover it up. Did he do it at SFA or OSU? Does he not have the roster to do it?

If BU hasn’t had the time or talent to implement his full arsenal, he better keep guys here and recruit the guys he needs!

I do wonder why BU doesn’t apply more full and 3/4 court pressure? Huggy Bear has done it masterfully, but also has the monster and other lengthy guys to cover it up. Did he do it at SFA or OSU? Does he not have the roster to do it?

If BU hasn’t had the time or talent to implement his full arsenal, he better keep guys here and recruit the guys he needs!

I think that would necessitate a combination of athleticism, speed/quickness and defensive ability that this team does not currently have. We often utilize traps in the corners once opponents cross halfcourt, where the halfcourt line works as an extra defender. If we extend to their backcourt, they will likely beat it much easier.

We actually match better than some other teams, their strength is their guards DMac Jr. and Palmer. On the frontcourt, we have to contain Copeland and Roby without Giorgi picking up fouls.
Palmers buzzer beater last year was one of our "should have, could have won it" last year. Agree that this will be good matchup. Just dont let them go off on 3s.

Deleted member 29907

D
Gonna need another big game from AJ. If Trent can just get back to averages and GB stays out of foul trouble - we have a chance to pull this one out. Certainly we now have familiarity with the road.

Nebraska doesn't foul much and turns teams over nearly as much as we do. Additionally their defense gives up one of the lowest 2pt% in the country. I'm worried about that side of the ball.

I'd like to see what happens when this team can take some time to catch their breath and work on things in the gym. It's been a congested non-conference schedule with quality programs and a lot of traveling. I'm hoping that they can get some things figured out over the next month, and then start the new year with a good attitude and a fresh perspective. I'm hoping.

I hope Illini win but won’t be betting my beach house.
NE 78
Ill 77
Rimmed out layup by AYO as the horn sounds. I’ll turn off my crystal ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.