Admin
Illinois at Northwestern
Saturday, November 24th
2:30pm CT
BTN

Line: Northwestern -18

:illinois:

Last edited:
Wow. Dan posted this at 5:30 yesterday and not a single reply. Apathy as completely set in.

Are we even going to score against Northwestern?

Not going to be able to watch this one. I have to work. Didn’t ever think I’d be more excited to go to work than watch the Illini

Fitzy will show no mercy. I think I’ll clean the gutters while this debacle is taking place.

RedRocksIllini

Morrison, CO
Might be interesting to see how the team responds after humiliating themselves on Senior Day. Or it might be just another week of the total clown show that has been Lovie football. Definitely a "tape it, check the final score and then maybe watch it" kind of game.

I was going to burn my Lovie t-shirt, but decided to use it for my yard cleanup shirt. Embarrassed for my kids and grand kids who know that I'm a life long Illini fan and season ticket holder. I usually take the kids to a few games each year, but promised they would not have to go next year. This team has given up and that's on the coach.

Can I give you a hand with that? Let me know.

I really should invest in gutter guards. I keep hoping the leaves will magically fall in someone elses yard, but it just never happens. Kind of runs parallel to UI football lol.

TMC999

Not Iowa
Nothing I'm looking forward to less than seeing the Mildcats and Coach FitzTeeth finally have the opportunity to run up the score on us. And they will. Except maybe anticipating Teddys recap in the Tribune on Sunday about how they should be a dark horse for the football playoff. I think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit...

Planning to attend with family. Bought 8 tix for cheap after attending the USF Soilder field game. Just hope the weather holds up so it will be palatable for the little kids. Was hoping to see a bowl “play in” game for 6 wins when I got the tix, but now I’ll just settle for a team that comes to play. Disappointed no Epstein and I’d be surprised if Corbin suits up. With our O lacking so much firepower, I don’t see many scenarios where we score enough to hang with NW.

I will tape the game and fast forward. I watched yesterday's game live. I quit at 49-0. It was a pathetic performance.

illini80

Forgottonia
Wish I felt differently, but I see no reason for hope in this game. None. No one thinks Rutgers belongs in the B10, but at least it saves us the humiliation of being the worst team.

Dan

Admin
Northwestern -18

Dren1

Glenview, IL
Planning to attend with family. Bought 8 tix for cheap after attending the USF Soilder field game. Just hope the weather holds up so it will be palatable for the little kids. Was hoping to see a bowl “play in” game for 6 wins when I got the tix, but now I’ll just settle for a team that comes to play. Disappointed no Epstein and I’d be surprised if Corbin suits up. With our O lacking so much firepower, I don’t see many scenarios where we score enough to hang with NW.
I will be there as well, doubt we will see a competitive game but you never know.

The girlfriend and I are officially going to the basketball game in Evanston this year, so I showed her the highlight of our 2009 comeback where we were down 14 with 5 minutes to go and McCamey won it with the bank shot. The arena was, at absolute minimum, 50% Illinois fans. It got me thinking how amazingly fun and satisfying it would be to watch a 7+ win Illini team play in Evanston with thousands and thousands of Illini fans in attendance. How sad is it that being legitimately proud of our football team - with the same passion and devotion as OSU, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. fans have - has become a near COMPLETE hypothetical? It's literally like thinking about something that is impossible but would be nice. Heartbreaking, really.

NU will beat us 45-6 in front of ~30,000 fans (500-1,000 of them ours). On to basketball.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
The girlfriend and I are officially going to the basketball game in Evanston this year, so I showed her the highlight of our 2009 comeback where we were down 14 with 5 minutes to go and McCamey won it with the bank shot. The arena was, at absolute minimum, 50% Illinois fans. It got me thinking how amazingly fun and satisfying it would be to watch a 7+ win Illini team play in Evanston with thousands and thousands of Illini fans in attendance. How sad is it that being legitimately proud of our football team - with the same passion and devotion as OSU, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin, etc. fans have - has become a near COMPLETE hypothetical? It's literally like thinking about something that is impossible but would be nice. Heartbreaking, really.

NU will beat us 45-6 in front of ~30,000 fans (500-1,000 of them ours). On to basketball.
If we keep them to only 45 points that will be a huge moral victory, which is really sad.

I like Lovies chances against NU. Thoerson will struggle to throw over 150; if he throws 3 INT's (like he usually does) we could keep this close.

If Lovie bear packs the box; stops Bowser, then he'll have a sure fire punchers chance to win. He just needs to make sure the players rise to the occasion. This is their bowl game.

Status
Not open for further replies.