Pregame: Illinois at Northwestern, Saturday, November 24th, 2:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
NU struggles to score points; Fitz is slow to react to exotic schemes. He just has been bailed out this season by converting all those 4th down attempts. Mind you, NU lost to AKRON 39-34. If Lovie confuses that offense, we will be sitting pretty.

I guarantee we keep them under 46; im standing by my prediction. I hope I see more optimists on this thread. Illinois is a good team, weve just been on the wrong side of luck this season.

Illinois is not a good team. Take a look at where they rank on defense nationally.

Is it even worth taping? Wait till next year, or the year after that, or .....

I will watch but if it’s over by half time I will cut it off like last weekend

Deleted member 654622

D
I would much prefer a 4-3 scheme. Iowa exposed our 2 linebacker scheme with crossing plays and runs. Actually a of the BIG exposed it.

I wonder if one of our athletic small DE could fill the OLB. Think Woods or Gay at 6-3/225 would be solid at covering TE and stopping the run. Also blitzing the QB. Just a thought.
I was under the impression we were running the nickle look so much because our LB depth is so poor. I wonder why we haven't seen Tolsen on the field much? He seems pretty put together physically

It’s going to be ugly. Northwestern will score at will, like every other team we play, and we will have to keep pace to have any shot to stay in the game. With our injuries on offense we won’t have much chance to score a ton. I’ll say NU wins 48 - 17.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Wouldn't mind seeing a little more of Jakari Norwood. Thought he looked pretty good when he was in there the last game.

BZuppke

Plainfield
I think the uniform combo will be important. Has it been revealed?

I have purposefully stayed off the board this week because after last week's game, I really didn't have anything positive or constructive to say. I am definitely going to watch the game tomorrow, but am not very optimistic. I have never and will never bet against my team, but I can't believe NW is only -16.5. I hope the Illini surprise us with an upset or can at least keep it close into the 2nd half.

BZuppke

Plainfield
In 1939 the Illini were having a bad season. Zuppke redesigned his entire defense mid season for the Michigan game in an effort to beat the Wolverines and Tom Harmon. That day witnessed what was considered one of the biggest upsets of the year in the Big Ten with Illinois winning 14-9. So if Lovie throws out this silly scheme of his and redesigns his D, might history repeat itself?

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
In 1939 the Illini were having a bad season. Zuppke redesigned his entire defense mid season for the Michigan game in an effort to beat the Wolverines and Tom Harmon. That day witnessed what was considered one of the biggest upsets of the year in the Big Ten with Illinois winning 14-9. So if Lovie throws out this silly scheme of his and redesigns his D, might history repeat itself?
College football may have changed some in the past 80 years or so. I'm just not sure.

ivwilsoniv

Aurora, IL
I really should invest in gutter guards. I keep hoping the leaves will magically fall in someone elses yard, but it just never happens. Kind of runs parallel to UI football lol.
Depending on your house, it will be cheaper to just hire someone to come clean them all out every fall for the next 5 years than get gutter guards. Those things don’t work anyway.

Gutter guards. I think our offensive line is not the problem. The football team needs something to keep it out the gutter.

Please look like a football team.
For the offense: Please score.
For the defense: Please try to stop the opponent.

Try to keep the score respectable.

Would like to see some of the other QBs get reps today for experience. MJ already blew his redshirt and Robinson isnlt close to playing 4 games. Nothing to lose by letting those guys get a feel for playing at this level. No disrespect to AJ, but let’s build for the future

BZuppke

Plainfield
Depending on your house, it will be cheaper to just hire someone to come clean them all out every fall for the next 5 years than get gutter guards. Those things don’t work anyway.
Now this is an interesting conversation!

cuillini

San Bernardino, Ca.
Anyone have any idea who's injured and not playing today? Is Corbin healthy?

Status
Not open for further replies.