Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin
Illinois at Northwestern
Wednesday, January 14th
8:00pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

Must win game here. Go 2-3 and Illinois is okay. 1-4 and that would be bad.
I'm glad we won't see the 1-3-1 zone or Princeton offense the past Wildcat teams have played well with especially at home under Carmondy. That said, the Wildcats talent level us on the rise with Collins at the helm. Law, Vasser, Lindsey, and McIntosh is a great start. He might not be Alec Peters or Conner Boehm,, but I'm a Nathan Taphorn fan.

Evanston, IL
Play like we did tonight, it will be another loss.

I could see Demps going off from three in this one.

NU - 63
IL - 57
I'm an IL fan to the bone but born & raised in Evanston and now raising my 3 sons in Evanston. So I'll hope you all can forgive me but I'm an NU season ticket holder. My boys love hoops and its basically a large high school arena so we get to see some big time B1G squads up close.

My point: I've seen almost every home NU game this year. Cobb is their senior heartbeat but he's an ankle twist waiting to happen...most injury prone guard I e seen in awhile. Vassar comes off the bench for McIntosh and makes freshman mistakes but will be a load in a year or two. Law and Taphorn are both talented but lack overall game confidence. Lumpkin is consistent at the 4 and a strong defender and I guess I'd put Olah in the same category. McIntosh is the real deal and I have no idea where Collins found this kid. He can drive, dish, create his own shot, and defend. And Demps is just good. Very competitive and clutch, like the TA of the NU squad.

I'm very nervous about this game. I'll be in attendance with my father in law and I have far too many recent memories of that walk of shame back to the car after a UI loss in Evanston.

Iowa City, Ia.
We need the Illini fans to show up for this game and turn it into SFC North
This. I think that would make a huge difference with this particular team. I say we play like we did vs. Maryland, with our backs against the wall, and score a win.

Illini 65
NU 58

This. I think that would make a huge difference with this particular team. I say we play like we did vs. Maryland, with our backs against the wall, and score a win.

Illini 65
NU 58
I have 8 of us going and we are going to be loud, we need this badly 2-3 is a lot better than 1-4

Admin
Jan 12th B1G teleconference

Scottsdale, AZ
I hate you Trey Demps. I hate you so much.

I am dreading this game already. One of those dorks always goes off on us, and I have good money on it being Demps again.

Western Suburbs
I am going to the game with my nephew. Anyplace near Welsh-Ryan Arena to grab a bite to eat before the game? Thanks

Kirksville, MO
It's not new.
The 1/2/15 (pre-OSU game) and 12/29/14 (pre-UM) teleconferences were hosted by U of I Sports Info rather than the Big 10.
Wasn't it also that way (school-level rather than conference) last year, too?

The 1/2/15 (pre-OSU game) and 12/29/14 (pre-UM) teleconferences were hosted by U of I Sports Info rather than the Big 10.
Wasn't it also that way (school-level rather than conference) last year, too?
This was the weekly Big Ten coaches call, Groce will have his own conference call tomorrow.

Behind Enemy Lines
A few question marks.

1. Who's a guard on their bench that sees a few minutes but not quite enough where you can really evaluate him? We need to get on that guy before he drops 30 on us.

2. Does Tate get the start? If not, I'd hope Starks gets a much shorter leash. He threw away quite a few important possessions with those quick threes.

3. Can we have situational success with the Morgan/Hill/Egwu lineup? Particularly, can Morgan be respected as a threat to score from close range?

Washington, DC
The only possible replacement for Tate at PG is Starks. I don't see that happening.

The good thing about this game is that it is not really a road game.

Scottsdale, AZ
I don't expect it to happen, because it never does, but if ever there was a game for LaTulip to make an appearance, this is it.

At this point, he absolutely cannot be worse than Starks.

Scottsdale, AZ
hahahahahahahahaha .... wait, you're being serious :eek: :hand:
The most serious I have ever been. Starks is the single biggest net negative I have seen play a legitimate role for an Illini team in my short Illini lifetime.

He's a run killer, he makes it impossible to run a cohesive offense, he makes terrible decisions, he forces shots constantly and makes about 15% of them. And, he's 5'6. I get noticeably angry watching him play at this point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.