Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin
Illinois at Ohio State
Saturday, January 3rd
2:30pm CT
ESPN2

:illinois:

This team is turning every game into a must win...backs are already against the wall this early in the season. Not good.

Aurora, IL
I've seen nothing this season to convince me that Illinois will beat any above average team the rest of the way...

Iowa ate OSU's 2-3 zone alive today. After losing at home today, OSU will be playing like a wounded, cornered animal Saturday. It'll be a tough game to win, but hopefully we can use the Iowa model for attacking their zone and can keep their guards and wings out of the lane defensively.

With Maryland and at Nebraska following the Ohio State loss, it looks like an 0-4 Big Ten start. That is what really hurts about this Michigan loss. We really needed to be 2-2, but now I will really be surprised if we are anything but 0-4.

Ohio State should be on fire. We just saw how our team lacks toughness and the will to win. tOSU by 15, maybe by 20.

With Maryland and at Nebraska following the Ohio State loss, it looks like an 0-4 Big Ten start. That is what really hurts about this Michigan loss. We really needed to be 2-2, but now I will really be surprised if we are anything but 0-4.
Hmmm...you've got a much higher opinion of Nebraska than I do. Agree this loss hurts because it was one of our best chances to get a road W.

Iowa ate OSU's 2-3 zone alive today. After losing at home today, OSU will be playing like a wounded, cornered animal Saturday. It'll be a tough game to win, but hopefully we can use the Iowa model for attacking their zone and can keep their guards and wings out of the lane defensively.
Heart, Iowa passing offense was really impressive...I was envious. I hope we can emulate too. Agree that OSU will feel "cornered"....any predictions on which OSU player may have a career day on us?

Yes they did. And Ohio St was vulnerable on the boards because of the zone. I would be shocked if this wasn't another close game. Just gotta find a way to close one out.

Heart, Iowa passing offense was really impressive...I was envious. I hope we can emulate too. Agree that OSU will feel "cornered"....any predictions on which OSU player may have a career day on us?
Russell could be a handful for our guards. Explosive player who can hit the 3.

I think it's only a matter of time before Tate starts. Either that or Rice starts getting time at PG. It looks like our bench (Cosby, Tate, Black, and Morgan) is getting more comfortable. Hopefully that opens up some minutes for Rice at PG.

Starting Tate is difficult in this one though, because of their zone. Starks shooting could be important to break the zone, but Tate's quick passing and ball movement could also break it. We've been waiting so long for Tate to play well against a power 6 team and it's finally happened. I say ride the momentum and see how it goes.

I think it's only a matter of time before Tate starts. Either that or Rice starts getting time at PG. It looks like our bench (Cosby, Tate, Black, and Morgan) is getting more comfortable. Hopefully that opens up some minutes for Rice at PG.

Starting Tate is difficult in this one though, because of their zone. Starks shooting could be important to break the zone, but Tate's quick passing and ball movement could also break it. We've been waiting so long for Tate to play well against a power 6 team and it's finally happened. I say ride the momentum and see how it goes.
I agree ^^^^^and if not hire Ben Jacobson when the season ends. Groce is starting to remind me of Bob Diaco. :(

Yeah, I knew this would be the follow-up post.
You remember when the Blackhawks used to play the Canucks in the playoffs every year with Luongo and the Sedins and all that? And as much as that was a great team with great players, you just always couldn't help but feel confident because you knew at the end of the day something bad was bound to happen to them?

We are that team. You see Illinois on your schedule and you think "No matter how bad it gets, if we keep fighting, Lucy is pulling the football back at some point in this game"

You remember when the Blackhawks used to play the Canucks in the playoffs every year with Luongo and the Sedins and all that? And as much as that was a great team with great players, you just always couldn't help but feel confident because you knew at the end of the day something bad was bound to happen to them?
No, I don't follow hockey. We have plenty of history ourselves, so don't really need an analogy from another sport. The post game call-in show mentioned the John Hart performance a few years back as one example.

New York, New York
I'd rather Illinois simply be outmatched then look like the better team and hold a lead into the late second half. Ohio State should be the better team and at home.

OSU - 74
ILL - 66

Status
Not open for further replies.