Pregame: Illinois at Ohio State, Saturday, January 3rd, 2:30pm CT, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin
Groce: Ray's tough enough to be able to handle both those outcomes. I think he's really grown. I have no problem with him there.

Groce: Rice made right decision vs. Mizzou, would've liked choice back vs. Michigan. Thin line between hero and goat.

Groce: In end-of-game situations, you have to be fearless. Jordan missed more than he made.

Groce: Continue to work on getting Malcolm Hill better on defense. He's listened.

Groce: Starks would like to be more efficient scoring the ball and should as he gets more comfortable. Has had big games for us.

Groce: Two-headed approach at the PG position. Doing good job taking care of ball, defending well.

Groce: Tate had a real good pulse the other day, went with him late. Did same thing with Starks in other games. Kind of a feel thing

Groce: Nnanna would tell you he'd like to play better than the other day.

Groce: Nunn didn't play real well the other day, not up to his standards. But he'll play better. He has played better.

Groce: Try to emphasize to guys that we had great 25-30 minutes in a tough environment. Disappointing loss but not entirely bad game

Groce: We don't have any excuses. We have to find a way to defend better than we did the final eight minutes.

Groce: We got to trust each other more and play our defense.

Groce: I think sometimes when you have a disappointing one, it makes you look forward to getting back on the court.

Groce: It's going to be a great challenge. Going to be different against the zone, but nonconf gave us lots of defensive looks.

Groce: Bates-Diop is coming on.

Groce: Marc Loving has taken the same leap that Malcolm Hill has. Better scorer, more efficient.

Groce: Kam Williams benefited from redshirt, shooting ridiculous percentage. Gives them power punch off the bench.

Groce: D'Angelo Russell is a terrific player. Shannon Scott has grown and developed. Williams has really improved, more physical.

Groce: On positive, 25-30 minutes of last 2 games we played best we've played on both ends all year.

Groce: Looked at other night "for what it was." Disappointed with the way we finished, especially on D. Common theme for us now.

http://twitter.com/WernerESPNCU

ALERT: Your 2015 @SugarBowlNola Champ #Buckeyes will be recognized at @OhioStateHoops gm vs ILL Sat. 3:30 @TheSchott

http://twitter.com/OhioStAthletics

Ann Arbor, MI
Ugh. First Big Ten game we get away at Michigan when Harbaugh is introduced. Now for the second game we get at OSU's with the Sugar Bowl winning team being recognized. Dial the intensity up from a 9 to a 10.

Alabama
Ugh. First Big Ten game we get away at Michigan when Harbaugh is introduced. Now for the second game we get at OSU's with the Sugar Bowl winning team being recognized. Dial the intensity up from a 9 to a 10.

Champaign, IL
It won't be like the scene in Ann Arbor. Not worried about this.

More like from a 3 to a 10. OSU's atmosphere was terrible for the Iowa game. Iowa got to play there at noon on a weekday. We get to play there at 2:30 on a Saturday with the Sugar Bowl team being announced. Awesome. :mad:

Ohio State hasn't lost consecutive homes games since 2007-08. Games on the road are always going to be tough in the B1G, that's why I'm no longer as disappointed with the Michigan loss. Heck, UNI just lost to Evansville on the road. Evansville only beat Coppin State by 5 in just the previous game!

Hoping for a close game with good defense.
+1

Little Rock, Arkansas
"The last 8 minutes" is going to be a theme for Groce's team this year. I hope they can turn things around. I'm not all the confident though with what we've seen from our guys at the end of games.

"The last 8 minutes" is going to be a theme for Groce's team this year. I hope they can turn things around. I'm not all the confident though with what we've seen from our guys at the end of games.
The last 8 minutes is a theme for every team. It's the most important part of a game and for some reason we play our worst basketball during that time.

I don't think ticket sales are going to go through the roof, or quadruple in value due to the sugar bowl team. Won't be the same as Harbaugh in mich.

Illini getting no respect, open as an 8.5 pt dog, however line has moved to 8 pts., but still, yuke.

I think it's only a matter of time before Tate starts. Either that or Rice starts getting time at PG. It looks like our bench (Cosby, Tate, Black, and Morgan) is getting more comfortable. Hopefully that opens up some minutes for Rice at PG.

Starting Tate is difficult in this one though, because of their zone. Starks shooting could be important to break the zone, but Tate's quick passing and ball movement could also break it. We've been waiting so long for Tate to play well against a power 6 team and it's finally happened. I say ride the momentum and see how it goes.
Starks shooting? If we need Stark's shooting to beat Ohio State's zone, we are not going to be in this game.

I just want to see us play better defense. We play the kind of defense we are capable of against Michigan, then we win easily.

Captain Trips-ville, Planet Houston
Tough teams play tough. Road games are supposed to be tough. It is what it is. We have an experienced team, the environment shouldn't matter much. Hopefully, we play tough today. Not sure I can take another collapse.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.