Pregame: Illinois at Ohio State, Thursday, February 14th, 6:00pm CT, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some info:

* The Fighting Illini are led by Ayo Dosunmu and Trent Frazier. Dosunmu has averaged 14.1 points and 4.2 rebounds while Frazier has recorded 14.7 points per game. The Buckeyes have been led by Kaleb Wesson and C.J. Jackson, who have combined to score 27.5 points per outing

* Dosunmu has connected on 36.4 percent of the 99 3-pointers he's attempted and has made 6 of 15 over his last three games. He's also made 70.5 percent of his foul shots this season.

* Illinois is 5-0 when it limits opponents to 67 or fewer points, and 4-15 when opposing teams exceed 67 points. Ohio State is 11-0 when holding opponents to 62 points or fewer, and 5-7 whenever teams score more than 62 on the Buckeyes.

* Illinois is ranked first in the Big Ten with an average of 72.5 possessions per game. The uptempo Fighting Illini have raised that total to 74.1 possessions per game over their last three games.

WE WIN!!!

Last edited:

jmilt7

Waukegan
While I usually look forward to Illini games, I really can't wait for this game. Says a lot about how the team has progressed that I can't wait to see them back on the court. Come on Thursday.
Speaking of which, who made up this schedule? Illinois played last Saturday, then have to wait until tomorrow still and then the next game is Monday. No weekend game? Just seems odd to me.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
I certainly don't think Illinois wins this game, but that is absurd. Short of us not knowing one of our starters isn't going to go, there's no justification for that high of a line.

Really? To me that says “5 point game with under a minute left. We start fouling and tOSU makes their FTs to ice it.” (Which I think is definitely a plausible outcome to our game)

But I don’t follow betting so maybe that line actually is a big slap in the face.

Speaking of which, who made up this schedule? Illinois played last Saturday, then have to wait until tomorrow still and then the next game is Monday. No weekend game? Just seems odd to me.

The agreement between the BTN and the B!G gives BTN complete freedom to schedule times and dates for individual games within the guidelines provided.

I was happy to see Frazier get some love from Deon Thomas in Jeremy Werner’s tweet. He is playing great along with Giorgi and Ayo. If Giorgi can draw the double team it will really open things up for Ayo and Trent as well as our wings. If Good Kipper shows up....look out!

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
1373202557-22.jpg

The Walken line says.....

Illini 79
osu 71

" The Ascent " of the Illini coincides with .......

awesome.gif

Chief Illini releasing the Orange Inferno silencing all the curses that evolved from the mascot deletion at the hands of the evil empires governing college BB today....Chief conveyed to me that the Illini fans have suffered long enough and the worm has turned in the Illni's favor....

120430.gif

Orange & Blue all the way...................

Big G is the man. I remember when someone told me I wasn't supposed to ride in the back of a pick up. I thought they were stupid. The back is the best place to ride in a pick up, even better if you got a couch back there.

illiniswish09

Northwest Suburbs
I truly can’t believe the line opened at Ohio State -9.5. That being said it can still be a very competitive game with them covering. Win this one and we’re cooking with gas big time.

I have no idea whether tOSU has progressed, but the Illini--the Fighting Illini--have been transformed. Comparing Illinois' performance versus the Buckeyes is so last year...literally. Giorgi is no longer a foul machine (although every player can have problems vis a vis a particular other player). My gut feel is that this team has enough weapons that if you take away one you are just opening up others to opportunities. Giorgi is not easily doubleteamed. Do you really want to turn your back on Ayo and Trent, not mention the rest of this crew, to frustrate--though not necessarily shut down--Giorgi?

And the big question, how effective will the HavocIllini be against Ohio State, creating turnovers and generally screwing up their game plan?

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
https://www.stltoday.com/sports/col...cle_0df4d6ef-961c-59f0-99d6-fd7e662a145d.html

“He was in foul trouble at their place,” Holtmann said, “which ultimately might have been a difference in the game. He’s a versatile interior guy who plays really well in their offense and defense. He’s really smart. He can score over either shoulder.”

The Illini are the only Big Ten team whose top three scorers are all underclassmen.

Deleted member 29907

D
I was happy to see Frazier get some love from Deon Thomas in Jeremy Werner’s tweet. He is playing great along with Giorgi and Ayo. If Giorgi can draw the double team it will really open things up for Ayo and Trent as well as our wings. If Good Kipper shows up....look out!
Trent's 3 off the inbounds to take the lead in OT was the key to the win. When we went down by 4 immediately at the start of OT - that could have crushed a young team. Delighted he has his shot and confidence back.

Bezhanishvili said:
“We go game by game now,” Bezhanishvili said. “Our goal is to get roadkill, as the guys say. We haven’t had that yet; that’s our goal. We just look at Ohio State really hungry to get that roadkill.”

That should drop the line to -6.

2 for the home team. So -4.

1 for the cold weather. ..........

We win.

skyIdub

Winged Warrior
I have to put this juju out there. I don't get to watch tonight because I'm working, but.....
The last time I missed a game at work was when we beat Maryland, and I was flying with a cute flight attendant who happened to be a Illini alum too!

Welp, today I have the same cute flight attendant! This has to be good juju!?

Status
Not open for further replies.