Pregame: Illinois at Ohio State, Thursday, February 14th, 6:00pm CT, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to put this juju out there. I don't get to watch tonight because I'm working, but.....
The last time I missed a game at work was when we beat Maryland, and I was flying with a cute flight attendant who happened to be a Illini alum too!

Welp, today I have the same cute flight attendant! This has to be good juju!?

It's good juju for at least you. ;) And hopefully the Illini! :shield:

I heard on the radio this morning that the line is 8.5, I was a little surprised by that honestly. I was thinking more like 3.5-5 would be the line.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
I have to put this juju out there. I don't get to watch tonight because I'm working, but.....
The last time I missed a game at work was when we beat Maryland, and I was flying with a cute flight attendant who happened to be a Illini alum too!

tumblr_meu7idNOEh1qzkxjuo2_r1_250.gif

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland

If this works out, we are going to begin a Kickstarter to keep you flying.

Interesting to compare TeJon's stats to Dre's. Similar Minutes, shooting percentages, assists/turnover ratio. Believe TJ did a better job of staying in front of his man but Dre has amazing quick hands and seems to be all around tougher.

TJL's painful FT % of 57% was hard to watch. Feliz' 80% FT is key, particularly at the end of games. Plus TJL's off court problems didn't help him. Feliz is as close to an all BIG defender that we have. I will focus in on Feliz vs C.J.Jackson tonight. This game will be won off the bench and tOSU is only 7 deep.

... If we got to the finals, winning 3 in the BTT, we'd be at 17-17 as they made the selections. I wouldn't think the committee would be able to ignore how we finished the season, nor the games where Trent was out. Anyway, we'd need to win a lot of games just to get that far.
That would be interesting because as the game was going on they would be nailing down the teams, seems like in the past years a few dark horses made the bracket in this case...but it certainly wasn't enough in our 1999 run from last (11) to the finals, but could that bump us up on the bubble a few slots to make Selection Sunday Cleaner?

I can't find buckeye basketball message board that is getting much traffic. Anyone know of one?

For others interested, here are the ones that seem to exist:

https://247sports.com/college/ohio-...-Buckeyes-Basketball-Message-Board-Forum-123/

https://www.elevenwarriors.com/forum/ohio-state-basketball

https://www.buckeyeplanet.com/forum/forums/buckeye-basketball.7/

All seem pretty low-traffic. It makes me appreciate just how loyal our football fan following really is despite pretty much everyone alleging the opposite. I don't know of many programs across the country that have been as bad as we have for three decades now and still put 45,000+ in the stands as soon as there is even a glimmer of hope, LOL, and we routinely have active message boards. OSU is, like, good at basketball historically ... if Illini football had the success of OSU basketball, the boards would be insane.

Deleted member 29907

D
OSU will probably double down on GB so we'll need to be prepared to kick and hit from the outside. Time to have our "away from home guy" Tev contribute about 16 this game.

OSU will probably double down on GB so we'll need to be prepared to kick and hit from the outside. Time to have our "away from home guy" Tev contribute about 16 this game.

Giorgi is tougher than most to double because he can score over either shoulder and thus away from the double, if he's in the post.

Deleted member 645583

D
I don't have a gut feeling about this game. But I say Illini can beat The OSU - they ain't that good, but they're playing at home.
GO ILLINI! Do it! ESPN coverage, too.

Giorgi is tougher than most to double because he can score over either shoulder and thus away from the double, if he's in the post.

I agree that he can roll on both shoulders, but I think most people would rather see him pass out of a double team. If they do decide to double him, it should be interesting to see he reacts. I can't recall ever seeing him get that much attention on the block. Looking forward to seeing a great game.

Giorgi is a team player. When he gets doubled, I expect he'll be looking for the open man.

I am sure passing out of the double was focused on in practice. We should be ready for it. If we aren't, we'll all have a few questions in the post game thread.

Deleted member 645583

D
Man, Giorgi was/is a steal for the Illini! Dont' want to jinx him; but play smart, Giorgi. We have absolutely nothing in common except our nearly un-pronounceable last names. Yeah, and you're 6'10" and I'm 5'8". The only common denominator that really matters: we love Illinois, don't we? Good for you, Giorgi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Illini_1979

Oregon
I was also thinking that they might double-team Giorgi when he has the ball. GB has already shown that playing behind him doesn't work too well. Another alternative would be if they try fronting him and denying the ball? Of course, that hopefully leaves him open for a well-placed lob.

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
I believe he's a pilot so there's no need for that...he's already getting paid to fly.

Hmmm...are you sure? It’s not like there’s an obvious...oh. Anyway, I missed the tOSU game first time around, where can they hurt us most?

I agree that he can roll on both shoulders, but I think most people would rather see him pass out of a double team. If they do decide to double him, it should be interesting to see he reacts. I can't recall ever seeing him get that much attention on the block. Looking forward to seeing a great game.

If he's got the ball in the post and can turn over his shoulder away from the double with that hook shot, I say take it.

Status
Not open for further replies.