Not open for further replies.
Admin
Illinois at Purdue
Saturday, March 7th
3:30pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

Decatur, IL
Purdue on a 2 game skid, and we've won 2 in a row - let's keep the momentum up and win this thing!! Let's keep Purdont out of the NCAA's!

Well...I think we all know how important this one is. I've been vocal that I don't think this is a do or die game but it sure would be fantastic to not have to worry much on SS with a W here over Purdue.

Tons of pressure on Purdue here. Hopefully they play tight and we can take advantage of that.

Well...I think we all know how important this one is. I've been vocal that I don't think this is a do or die game but it sure would be fantastic to not have to worry much on SS with a W here over Purdue.
Hope I'm wrong, but based on a # of factors I think this is a must win unless somehow we beat both UM and UW in the BTT, which is unlikely. It will be difficult since PU will also be playing for its ticket to the Dance, but we match up well with them. PU is not a quick team other than Octeus, so we should be able to lock them down defensively again.

That's a winner!!
OH
Hopefully this is the last time we need a road win late to make the tourney in a while.

Is there a team harder to figure out in the entire NCAA than Purdue? How are they 11-6 in conference while losing to North Florida and Gardner-Webb?

Denver, CO
Is there a team harder to figure out in the entire NCAA than Purdue? How are they 11-6 in conference while losing to North Florida and Gardner-Webb?
Kansas State may be nearly as befuddling.

We have 3 seniors playing meaningful minutes. They only have one, Octeus. That's the difference. Let's get it done!

Im hoping we get a NF or GW type game out of them. I dont know if my stomach will be able to handle a close game. I really want to see Ray get a chance to play in the NCAA tournament.

Normal, Illinois
Mackey's been tough for the Illini in recent years, and the Boilers have been pretty good at home during Big Ten play.
However, while the Boilers are an improved team, a lot of their wins have been close, and in my opinion they had one of the easier conference schedules.

Illinois 65, Purdue 60.

Bloomington
Gonna guess Vegas likes the bad guys by 5.

Also, the DIA will be generously giving away Jack Ingram bobbleheads@ Mackey on Saturday right?

We're clicking at the right time and fortunately Purdue is choking away it's ticket to the big dance. I have no doubt we will win. They have been extremely unimpressive the last two games.

We're clicking at the right time and fortunately Purdue is choking away it's ticket to the big dance. I have no doubt we will win. They have been extremely unimpressive the last two games.

Purdue was winning @Ohio St for most of the game and let it slip away. I didn't get to watch them against Michigan St, but following the score they had a chance to win. I wouldn't call those 2 results extremely unimpressive. Same with us. I wouldn't call taking care of business at home against 2 teams near the bottom of the B1G "clicking".

Quad-Cities, IL
Purdue was winning @Ohio St for most of the game and let it slip away. I didn't get to watch them against Michigan St, but following the score they had a chance to win. I wouldn't call those 2 results extremely unimpressive. Same with us. I wouldn't call taking care of business at home against 2 teams near the bottom of the B1G "clicking".
Agree. All hands are going to have to be on deck. Both Nunn and Hill are going have to play to the level they did when Rice was injured. They do that, and the team gets 15 to 20 from Rice, they'll be dancing.

Status
Not open for further replies.