Pregame: Illinois at Purdue, Saturday, March 7th, 3:30pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Illini have all the motivation in the world to win and three seniors that know it's do or die. I say we come up on top 65-61 but it's going to be a dog fight from both sides.

I think the biggest non-play of the game will be who the referees are for this game. I think we might want Ted Valentine for this game and no Gene Saraitore or Terry Wiemer or Sanziere.

Champaign, IL
I think the biggest non-play of the game will be who the referees are for this game. I think we might want Ted Valentine for this game and no Gene Saraitore or Terry Wiemer or Sanziere.
No chance if we get Steratore or Wymer. Last Illinois game for Valentine was at MSU. Hopefully he's there tomorrow.

New York
No chance if we get Steratore or Wymer. Last Illinois game for Valentine was at MSU. Hopefully he's there tomorrow.
Just curious - anyone know our records this year or over the last few years with different refs? Would be interesting to see the data

We are 1-2 in games Valentine officiated this year. 4-1 with Steratore, 3-3 with Wymer and 1-0 with Sanzere.

This year, Steratore, Simpson, Wymer, Scirotto and Beaver have been the worst in terms of home foul margin (ranging from -3.0 to -2.4).

New York
We are 1-2 in games Valentine officiated this year. 4-1 with Steratore, 3-3 with Wymer and 1-0 with Sanzere.

This year, Steratore, Simpson, Wymer, Scirotto and Beaver have been the worst in terms of home foul margin (ranging from -3.0 to -2.4).
where's the data from?

Hong Kong
Also on a completely unrelated subject, my wife is watching some kind of marriage boot camp show and Kiwanne garris is participating

NW Suburbs
Also on a completely unrelated subject, my wife is watching some kind of marriage boot camp show and Kiwanne garris is participating
Ha! I had the same experience tonight with my wife. I saw the name Kiwane and I thought hmmm is that who I think it is? Nah it can't be... but a quick Google search later confirmed it. Kiwane was my first favorite Illini player.

Bloomington
I like Eric Collins, and didn't he do our last two victories? Good luck?

Chalk it up. We've got this ... today's my birthday and a half hour in I got accepted into grad school at UI ... Yeah we're winning today.

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Stanford, CA
Chalk it up. We've got this ... today's my birthday and a half hour in I got accepted into grad school at UI ... Yeah we're winning today.
Congrats! Grad school is awesome - case in point, how much time I've spent on IllinoisLoyalty the past month… :thumb:

Git 'er done!
Glad you posted this. The effort from Egwu will be there no doubt. If he avoids foul trouble we have a great chance to pull the upset. If not Mackey arena will be pumped and if Egwu has fouls we go down to the Boilers.

Gene in Bloomington with Carstensen

I really hope this isn't another game where Illinois goes and plays their hearts out and battles all game just to lose in the last minutes to knock themselves out of the post season(i.e. Michigan last year, Miami in 2013). This game is really important for coach Groce to show that he's finally turning the corner and winning the games that are do or die and have the season on the line. I think that Ray and Egwu put up monster games on both ends of the floor and lead this team to the biggest win of their lives. Go Illini

I really hope this isn't another game where Illinois goes and plays their hearts out and battles all game just to lose in the last minutes to knock themselves out of the post season(i.e. Michigan last year, Miami in 2013). This game is really important for coach Groce to show that he's finally turning the corner and winning the games that are do or die and have the season on the line. I think that Ray and Egwu put up monster games on both ends of the floor and lead this team to the biggest win of their lives. Go Illini
ON JG...if we win and go to the tourney...JG will still have to prove himself with tourney next year

...if we lose and miss the tourney, JG will have to prove himself with tourney next year....

for Dayton's sake... notice I didnt use the term "mulligan" :)

Chicagoland
Guys... I am unreasonably nervous for this game. I've never been more nervous for a regular season game in my life.

GO ILLINI

Status
Not open for further replies.