Illinois at Purdue
Tuesday, January 21st
6:00pm CT
ESPNU

:illinois:

Retro62

North Bethesda, Maryland
Hit them hard and fast...get them thinking “not again.”

Not expecting a W...will consider us almost a lock for tourney if we win there and at Iowa City...just because they are brutal places to play and wins will demonstrate mental toughness we will need to finish strong.

If Kofi causes issues for their interior guys and our D is solid we have a chance. This may be the toughest place to win the the B10. I will be happy if we are close with a chance in the final minutes We have the better team but man they are tough at home. Guard the three and Kofi causes issues we could do this!

Can't be any harder than winning at Wisconsin.
It was a great win at Madison and we broke the streak.... I am paranoid about Iowa City. Seems they have had our number for awhile. I'm hopeful about Tuesday...for a competitive game, unlike MSU.

We only need to go 1-3 over the next 4 games. But 2-2 would be amazing. How would you guys rank the next 3 road games, in terms of most winnable?

I think this one is the easiest, followed by Iowa, then Michigan. I know that sounds crazy to say after Purdue just smacked MSU, but I think we match up best with them. And they're the least likely to simply get hot and not miss.

We only need to go 1-3 over the next 4 games. But 2-2 would be amazing. How would you guys rank the next 3 road games, in terms of most winnable?

I think this one is the easiest, followed by Iowa, then Michigan. I know that sounds crazy to say after Purdue just smacked MSU, but I think we match up best with them. And they're the least likely to simply get hot and not miss.
I would rank MSU at home the easiest followed by Mich, PU, and Iowa the most difficult. Just think Iowa is a better team than the other two.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
I

I would rank MSU at home the easiest followed by Mich, PU, and Iowa the most difficult. Just think Iowa is a better team than the other two.
And Garbanzo is killing it this year and has a history of killing us. Not looking forward to playing them at all, but will be a good measure of exactly where we are at.

I think Iowa is a matchup nightmare for us. You saw today what happens defensively when Kofi had to chase the perimeter vs Young. Garza is going to be a huge problem. Another issue we've had is covering the three point line. They have big time shooters.

I actually think the best opportunity is @ Michigan. They just don't scare me.

Purdue absolutely shoots the lights out at Mackey, especially Stefanovich(have no clue if that's spelled right). They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at the SFC.

It's a tough stretch, but every team in the conference has the same stretch.

Upcoming games:

at Purdue
at Michigan
vs. Minnesota
at Iowa
vs. Maryland
vs. Michigan State
at Rutgers
at Penn State
vs. Nebraska
at Northwestern
vs. Indiana
at Ohio State
vs. Iowa

ANY road win is huge from now on, and a win at Purdue or Michigan (our next two) puts us in an amazing position ... if we win both, we go full mid-2000s-mode and start thinking about who we need to lose in order to get another Big Ten championship. :)

I would be ecstatic with splitting our next two - which likely keeps us in second place, right? - and I honestly think we could steal either one. We will need to shoot very well, though. GO ILLINI!

Ok, teaching point. What does this do to our NET?

It probably doesn't help since NW (at home) is well down in Q3. However, if you think of it as a game that could have hurt us more than most, it's a good result.

I think that when we play Purdue Tuesday night, that we'll be ranked 20th in the AP poll.

I think Iowa is a matchup nightmare for us. You saw today what happens defensively when Kofi had to chase the perimeter vs Young. Garza is going to be a huge problem. Another issue we've had is covering the three point line. They have big time shooters.

I actually think the best opportunity is @ Michigan. They just don't scare me.

Purdue absolutely shoots the lights out at Mackey, especially Stefanovich(have no clue if that's spelled right). They couldn't hit the broad side of a barn at the SFC.

It's a tough stretch, but every team in the conference has the same stretch.

We just need to not have a meltdown if we lose one of these. Not saying we will, but it’s against the odds that we win these road games. Let’s just hope for the best!

We just need to not have a meltdown if we lose one of these. Not saying we will, but it’s against the odds that we win these road games. Let’s just hope for the best!
Totally, like coach said, "there are no upsets in the B10," so if you're buyin' the notion that anyone can beat anyone, then losing in a hostile environment to a good team is nothing to freak out about.

Even in a blowout L, as long as it doesn't appear that we were nonchalant at the start or we quit after getting down, then fans should stay chill. The overly emotional posting after losses isn't real interesting at this point.

I think Michigan is the easiest and Iowa is the hardest of these four games. We showed, and Iowa really showed, that Michigan has real problems defending the interior. I think Michigan had a total of 21 fouls spread between five inside players. Our problem with Iowa is that they combine an inside game at least as good as ours with some excellent three-point shooters. We're gonna commit a lot of fouls against them, and that will mess up our offensive rotations as well. If we could get Garza to foul twice in the first ten minutes, it could be a completely different game.

1579439549533.png

Screw ESPN, we just gotta keep winning 💪

Status
Not open for further replies.