Pregame: Illinois at Rutgers, Saturday, October 6th, 11:00am CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a little surprised by all the posters predicting wins over Rutgers and Purdue. I don't think Illinois is good enough to just waltz on to the field tomorrow and expect Rutgers to lie down. I'm sure they are looking at this game as a possible win also. And there's no question that Illinois is going to have a tough time with Purdue's offense. I'm not from Missouri but you need to show me something before I believe.

Nobody expects Rutgers to lie down. However everything we've seen this year says we should beat them. This is the same team that got smacked around by Buffalo and Kansas.

Deleted member 29907

D
Not cocky relative to nothing .. if this was a Wisconsin forum I’d be saying I just hoped we could be close in the 4th. It’s illinois. You should read what Big Ten coaches had to say anonymously about Illinois before the season.

Purdue has figured out more than you realize. David Blough has looked like Kyle Orton pre injury senior year.

Cocky overall? No. Just relative to Illinois, Indiana and Minnesota.
We read the anonymous "coaches" words. We know we're building a team still, but we're at least smart enough not to take much stock in anonymous, unprofessional words from other teams' staff.

As per your comments on the USF game - you do realize a true freshman starting his first game at QB was 2 mins from pulling that off correct? Please do some research before coming on and spouting off. Now fly away - come back the week we play you all if you'd like to spout some more.

I think the coaching staff puts together a solid game plan. I hope we get some solid run blocking. I'm praying the d-line gets solid pressure up front. We'll need the d-line to improve to win the next two weeks. Can we get a rush? Some pressure up front makes all the difference. If we could get a freakin' break in the next two games our program could turn a corner. Rutgers is more important than it should be. Tomorrow's game is everything.

Agreed. If we can win Saturday and against Purdue I'm very curious to see how our guys play with that level of confidence and (hopeful) fan support.
Am I the only one who thinks Rivers looked better against USF/PSU than Bush looked against KSU/WIU?

I think the most impressive QB play we’ve seen is AJ second half of KSU. MJ has been admirable in replacement which is great - however I don’t believe he adds an element to our O right now - still just managing the game with the expected freshman conservative reads, ancy feet at times, etc.... not bad, but I think minimally AJ adds an element in the run game and I hope is more confident to make more downfield throws

Deleted member 29907

D
Game Day - Need a win here folks - but just in case anyone has forgotten where we were - Reilly O'Football sends a reminder. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.