Admin
Illinois at Rutgers
Sunday, February 25th
2:00pm CT
BTN

:illinois:

BlindLoyalty

FartNoiseMotivation
Are we the worst team in a historically bad B10? It comes down to this game. The good news is somebody has to win this game. Oh boy is this great!

So...no Big Ten Tournament seeding thread? Are we so bad that no one cares enough to do it this year? I'm curious about the potential matchups and how this game might affect it.

Here's my best effort:

If Illinois wins and Iowa wins, we will be the 13 playing 12 Iowa.
If Illinois wins and Iowa loses, we will be the 12 playing 13 Rutgers.
If Illinois loses, we will be the 14 playing 11 Minnesota.

Win on Wednesday and it's probably against #5 or #6 on Thursday and currently that would be Michigan or Indiana.

Dan

Admin
If Illinois wins and Iowa wins, we will be the 13 playing 12 Iowa.
If Illinois wins and Iowa loses, we will be the 12 playing 13 Rutgers.
If Illinois loses, we will be the 14 playing 11 Minnesota.
:thumb:
Northwestern @ Iowa, Sunday 6:30pm CT

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 11.43.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 11.43.39 AM.png
    441.3 KB · Views: 581
We win both games. Bore me to tears. I can take it.

I said "almost" boring, and yes, I can take it, too. :D Hard to believe there will be no more MBB games in the SFC again until this coming fall - a lot of recruiting has to be accomplished in next few months!

What a great idea to just stay out East after Sunday's Rutger's game. Gives the chance for the team to bond and do some fun things in The Big Apple. They had to get special approval to do this, but what a great idea. I think this team is going to really surprise at the BTT.

I want to play in the 12/13 game simply because that part of the bracket plays in the evening. Seems like we've played the afternoon, specifically the 11am 8/9 game, for the past 10 years.

But it would be nice to get another crack at Iowa and then hopefully Maryland or IU. Want to stay away from PSU if possible, but would be happy to play them in the semi's if they upset a higher seed.

What a great idea to just stay out East after Sunday's Rutger's game. Gives the chance for the team to bond and do some fun things in The Big Apple. They had to get special approval to do this, but what a great idea. I think this team is going to really surprise at the BTT.
curious on where theyll move to and practice in workout before BTT game...anyone know?

Sent from my VS500 using Tapatalk

Dan

Admin
[YOUTUBE]8oTj3cvWWOo[/YOUTUBE]

https://www.youtube.com/user/IlliniReport

Underwood: If there's somewhat of a silver lining, I thought we played pretty well against Purdue. Had 6 really poor possessions in transition defense. A great player (Edwards) got going. Those guys are very difficult.

Underwood: I liked where we were at offensively. I felt like we got whatever we wanted. That really wasn't a problem for the first time all year.

Underwood: Really good to get the guys a day off yesterday. Get treatments. Will get a Rutgers team that's hungry on their home court.

Underwood: Da'Monte is good. Was in the gym shooting when I got here this morning.

Underwood on offensive development: The halfcourt stuff has been pretty good. Not playing as fast as I want. We're getting a lot closer. I like the options. I like the diversity. Starting to be able to scheme a little bit.

Underwood: This is the time of season you want to play your best. I don't want there to be any doubt of us being everyday guys.

Underwood: We are getting better. I hope our guys really truly believe that because we are.

Underwood: I've got tremendous confidence in Mark (Smith). Every time the ball leaves his hands, I think it's going in. That's why I play Mark.. I've got confidence in him. He's getting better defensively.

Underwood: I'm trying to manage the suits. It's a good thing we're not flying commercial. We would have a small fortune in baggage fees.

https://twitter.com/DPiper247

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
But first, handle Rutgers.

Getting really hyped to head over to Piscataway. Only time I've seen our guys is on national/non-BTN TV. I'll be right in the middle of Rutgers fans. Oh so looking for revenge from last year (regardless how beneficial that was to us).

I want these guys to have something to feel good about. Finish the season with some good results, and don't roll over. Rutgers should be a game we can win, even on the road.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
If BU leads this team to the NCAA tournament, he will more than deserve whatever bonus he is scheduled to receive.

foby

Bonnaroo Land
If BU wears 5 suits next week, it'll be one of the best weeks in recent Illini bball history.

Status
Not open for further replies.