Admin
Illinois at UConn
Saturday, September 7th
2:30pm CT
CBSSN

Line: Illinois -20.5

:illinois:

Last edited:
I'm looking forward to this. We should roll them. Looking forward to seeing YankeeIllini and maybe meeting a few others at Rentschler. I hope we paint the place Orange!

I'm feeling this game will be one of those "only won by 10 points but wasn't actually that close" games.

I'm feeling this game will be one of those "only won by 10 points but wasn't actually that close" games.

Agreed, I don't doubt that we have the better team, but 1st road game tends to take some time to work through.

Deleted member 656517

D
Illini 63 - UConn 13. Yes I drink the koolaid(Busch)

Illiniaaron

Geneseo, IL
Illinois should win, but bad things can happen on the road. I wonder when was the last time the Illini won a road non-conference game? Edit-found the answer to my question. They won at Syracuse in 2007, 41-20.

Last edited:

breadman

Herndon, VA
Glad we are getting the first road game experience in before league play.
It's a good practice exercise.
Not making a prediction. Just hoping for more of the same to build upon the first game.
Lovie is feeling it!

Illinois should win, but bad things can happen on the road. I wonder when was the last time the Illini won a road non-conference game? Edit-found the answer to my question. They won at Syracuse in 2007, 41-20.
We were there.

This should not be competitive. UConn are absolutely terrible.

1) UConn is bad is the most important piece of this equation.
2) we now have size, strength and experience
3) we have no excuses barring multiple, multiple, major injuries

Wow, didn’t realize this was gonna be an expected comfortable win until I read the UConn board ... let’s go get that W, come take care of EMU and have a 3-0 record when UNL comes to town to hopefully a hostile, big and ORANGE crowd!

Illinois 42
UConn 24

I'm guessing vegas over corrects after taking a bath on the week 1 illini line. When do the lines open? guessing 21.5

Should open in a few hours. Illinois at around 3 TDS does seem like a good number. I think money will come in on us again

lstewart53x3

Scottsdale, Arizona
To put this game into perspective:

Akron’s preseason Sagarin rating, which isn’t perfect by any means, but is at least a data point, was 130.

Uconn: 158.

So this is a bad team.

We were 100 fwiw.

(New ratings based on yesterday’s games haven’t come out yet).

Dan

Admin
Illinois on the road vs non-conference opponents: 1 victory over the past 20 games. Go Illini

1999_@Louisville_____________W 41-36
2000_@San Diego State________W 49-13
2001_@California_____________W 44-17
2002_Missouri (St. Louis)____L 20-33
2002_@Southern Mississippi___L 20-23
2003_Missouri (St. Louis)____L 15-22
2003_@UCLA___________________L 3-6
2005_@California_____________L 20-35
2006_@Rutgers________________L 0-33
2007_Missouri (St. Louis)____L 34-40
2007_@Syracuse_______________W 41-20
2008_Missouri (St. Louis)____L 42-52
2008_W. Michigan (Detroit)___L 17-23
2009_Missouri (St. Louis)____L 9-37
2009_@Cincinnati_____________L 36-49
2010_Missouri (St. Louis)____L 13-23
2010_@Fresno State___________L 23-25
2012_@Arizona State__________L 14-45
2013_Washington (Chicago)____L 24-34
2014_@Washington_____________L 19-44
2015_@North Carolina_________L 14-48
2017_@USF____________________L 23-47
2018_USF (Chicago)___________L 19-25

FT35

Naperville
UConn is really struggling right now. A number of their fans think that the school could shut the program down in five years. UConn is leaving the AAC and joining the Big East which means that the football team is going to become Independent next year.

They gave up over 50 points a game last year. That means that every team turned into Oklahoma against them. I'm sure their defense got better since almost everyone returned, like us, but I doubt the improvement is dramatic.

They also have a QB who transferred from a D2 school and he didn't even play much last year at West Florida because of an injury. They have a couple of good RBs and the OL could be okay but they really don't have an offense that is going to put up a lot of points this year.

Wagner is a pretty bad FCS school and UConn only beat them by a field goal.

I don't make predictions but just based on the way we controlled the LOS against Akron we should be okay as long as Peters continues to protect the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.