Pregame: Illinois at UNLV, Saturday, December 9th, 11:00pm CT, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there! Would love to see a resume building win on the road. But, man that McCoy highlight reel is a wet blanket on my expectations for this one. Going to be tough, but I trust we'll have some sort of game plan for him.

Somehow frame him for some type of NCAA violation so that he isn't able to play.

Deleted member 29907

D
McCoy vs Zona

[YOUTUBE]7fz9r24l44Y[/YOUTUBE]

Looks to have a good 2 inch shot - but looks a bit slow of foot - my guess is we will see zone from these guys - otherwise - I'd pull him away from the basket and drive on him.

Deleted member 631370

D
I have a real bad feeling about this one.

I think we'll come out stronger than in the past few games. The stink of last night is probably going to ensure that we're very focused on Saturday.

But over the course of 40 minutes, I think UNLV will pull away and win by 8-10.

Peoria Illini

Peoria, IL
Looks like a bunch of JUCO transfers and freshmen on this team. McCoy looks like he turns the ball over quite a bit, so hopefully we can get him sped up a bit. Should be a good test for us.

The offense we have seen recently has no chance against a zone defense with a solid 7', rim protecting, anchor. Optimistic view: UNLV 87, ILL 65

If I were a betting man, I'd probably take UNLV. But I'm not; I'm an Illini fan, so I'm thinking Illini 78-76.

The offense we have seen recently has no chance against a zone defense with a solid 7', rim protecting, anchor. Optimistic view: UNLV 87, ILL 65

You must be a blast at parties.

The offense we have seen recently also includes a near 22 point comeback against a similarly talented team in Maryland, who by the way have a far superior PG. Do I believe that we are an offensive powerhouse, no. But to act like there is no hope for a productive offensive night seems to be no more than a set up for some I told you so claim later.

zpfled

Logan Square, Chicago

In no way is that an optimistic view. There isn't a realistic scenario in which UNLV beats us by much more than that. If they're up by a lot, they'll sub in the scrubs and the score will be closer than the game really was.

They also allowed 28 and 29 points by two players.
Those two players being Allonzo Trier (averaging 22.0 ppg and 3.4 rpg) and DeAndre Ayton (averaging 19.6 ppg and 11.2 rpg, projected #1 draft pick).

Yeah, I have not bet against the Illini this year but if this line is sitting around 5 I can see how UNLV will be the smart bet.

Deleted member 29907

D
Those two players being Allonzo Trier (averaging 22.0 ppg and 3.4 rpg) and DeAndre Ayton (averaging 19.6 ppg and 11.2 rpg, projected #1 draft pick).

Wasn't suggesting they were not good players - just that 1) its a bit rare to have two players score that much against you (yes it was OT) and 2) and (its related to #1), short bench on both sides based on the box score stats. The hope is that we can wear them down...

The highlight video - which is all i had to go on - shows a less aggressive D than we saw and played last game. IMO the guards were allowed to dribble up and pass inside with not alot of hassle. BUT of course our AP game was ugly - so its hard to tell anything from that game other than we can't break down a team that overplays on D.

Last edited by a moderator:

Philly Boy

Deerfield IL
You can watch it on replay Sunday morning:

http://www.espn.com/watch/schedule/

They don't give the scores, so just click on the replay tab and find the Illini game and watch it the next morning like it's live. That's what I'm going to do.

Rock, do you know what time Sunday morning? I want to do this, too; but when I clicked the link I couldn't even find the game live in the Sat listings, and could find no reference to any replays of FUTURE games.

pruman91

Paducah, Ky
Rock, do you know what time Sunday morning? I want to do this, too; but when I clicked the link I couldn't even find the game live in the Sat listings, and could find no reference to any replays of FUTURE games.

change date to sunday 12-10 and it shows up

Dan

Admin
Game is listed in the Sunday upcoming listings, I guess because it starts Sunday eastern time. When you wake up on Sunday you can replay the game anytime online if you have access to ESPN2.

Last edited:

cash35

Easton, Il
Flying out to Vegas Saturday morning with the wife and a couple friends, anyone meeting up before or after the game for cocktails?

Hoping the adrenaline of playing a known team, plus the depth we have, can offset the late start time.

We have not gotten off to strong starts, so hopefully that is addressed as well, again trying to make the late start a moot point.

JFGsCoffeeMug

BU:1 Trash cans:0
Chicago
Our 3-pt shooting needs to get on track. This would be good game for the floodgates to open.

What is "average" for 3's? I would think if we were even average that we could be undefeated.

Status
Not open for further replies.