Pregame: Illinois at UNLV, Saturday, December 9th, 11:00pm CT, ESPN2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definite advantage for UNLV. We will be playing most of the game after midnight our time

That's an issue for 18-22 year old kids? Sure wasn't when I was that age. Heck, a lot of parties didn't start until 11:00 pm.

KenPom has us as 3 point dogs. I expect the spread to be a little higher after yesterdays performance.

Gonna be tough. UNLV pounded a very good Utah team a couple weeks ago. They're two loses are to Arizona and at Northern Iowa (both in OT). I expect a close one, but another close loss.

Losing to UNI doesn't exactly spell juggernaught. We need to be in their face and turn them over. They're averaging 16 TOs/game.

Illini_1979

Oregon
I'm afraid that their big guy will give us fits but, then, he is a freshman and we all know they can have good games and bad games. Maybe we can make this one of his bad ones.

Plus, last time I counted, there are five players on the court at once. Maybe we can win at the other four positions.

Lots of maybes, but call me an optimist.

ILL 116
UNLV 110

I'm afraid that their big guy will give us fits but, then, he is a freshman and we all know they can have good games and bad games. Maybe we can make this one of his bad ones.

Plus, last time I counted, there are five players on the court at once. Maybe we can win at the other four positions.

ILL 116
UNLV 110

Well it all sounded good until a read that score prediction...YEESH no one is scoring 100 plus haha. Id look for a more of a game in the 70s or 80s.

I would say 77-71 Illini.

BlindLoyalty

FartNoiseMotivation
UNLV 82 - UI 75
UI's .992 PPP on the road won't get it done in this one. Hoping for an upset.
See everybody at the UIAA Hard Rock pre-game party.

Deleted member 29907

D
Thinking we can pressure, defend, wear them down and get them foul trouble. In which case they go to zone - and AJ, MJ and MA better be decent.

Seeing a 5 point win here for the good guys due to depth and desperation. 88-83.

Illini_1979

Oregon
Well it all sounded good until a read that score prediction...YEESH no one is scoring 100 plus haha. Id look for a more of a game in the 70s or 80s.

I would say 77-71 Illini.

Ha ha. Yes, had my tongue in cheek on that prediction.

I have absolutely no idea what the score will be -- maybe their big guy has a great day and they take us by 10 or 15 points or maybe we find a way to shut him down and sneak out of town with a win.

All I'm guessing is it will be an entertaining game!

Go Illini! :illinois:

hooraybeer

Pittsburgh, PA
Ha ha. Yes, had my tongue in cheek on that prediction.

I have absolutely no idea what the score will be -- maybe their big guy has a great day and they take us by 10 or 15 points or maybe we find a way to shut him down and sneak out of town with a win.

All I'm guessing is it will be an entertaining game!

Go Illini! :illinois:

leron fouls out quickly, 93-75 bad guys (*hope not)

Have a feeling we come out focused and poised after the AP debacle. We're due for some shots to fall. This is another game that goes down to the wire, but finally in our favor. Cheers to hoping :illinois:

IL - 76
UNLV - 73

CAHALL15

Central Illinois
As I have mentioned before, BU’s teams rarely lose by double digits. Having said that, it’s important to keep McCoy and Juiston off the boards, run offense, and attack the paint. If we can do those things, I say we win 78-70, if not, we lose 85-77.

Deleted member 4333

D

ILL 116
UNLV 110

How many overtimes?

What weird parties were you attending that demanded you play 40 minutes of high-level basketball?

I can recall quite a few parties that were followed by high levels of athletic performance in the wee hours. 40 minutes is probably a stretch except maybe once or twice.:D

Ubermensch

BOOM! Feed my ego.
I don't think this is going to end well for the Illini.

Believe Groce or BU recruited Juiston. McCoy was given feelers by our staff, he is from Chicago then moved to San Diego. McCoy would of been a nice addition.

It's hard to predict what team we will see, our inconsistent play, not having same players give a offense to rely on. We do have 4 guys avg in dbl figures, which is why we can hope anyone could have a break out game. They will zone us, and we do need to have a perimeter game with good shooting. We can't let the big guy dominte middle so making him come after us outside, and draw fouls would be a good idea

Hope we continue good defense, AJ to come out shooting, force them into turnovers galore. Game time will be a asset for them, but not that much we could hope.

Think we should win with a solid effort. Anything less, letting McCoy have his way, we lose..

Status
Not open for further replies.