Pregame: Illinois at USF, Friday, September 15th, 6:00pm CT, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

james81

North Carolina
There are places in Tampa still without power. Surprised they decided to go through with this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attendance at USF games fluctuates considerably. This will probably be the least attended game we see all season. The size of the stadium will make it look empty.

Attendance at USF games fluctuates considerably. This will probably be the least attended game we see all season. The size of the stadium will make it look empty.

Conversely, people who are living with no real damage to their homes or lives, but without power, might have nothing better to do. Also they're giving away tickets. I could easily see either attendance possibility.

Illini79

Illini79
Summerfield, FL
We are so excited to attend this game! Can anyone recommend parking options?
Thanks.

:chief: forever

icengineer

Southern Illinois
We are so excited to attend this game! Can anyone recommend parking options?
Thanks.

:chief: forever

There will be plenty of space at the stadium itself. If you are looking for cheaper or free options someone else will have to chime in. I haven't been there for a number of years now. I don't expect a huge turnout and I'd expect you could get a spot fairly close in the stadium lot. Might be worth the extra $$ to have a short walk.

I just checked Craigslist and there are some good deals on Club Level seats for $40 or so..... That's what I'd do if I were there during the game.

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
Could I make a humble request. If you are making a prediction for the SFU game, could we see the predictions (if any) you made for the last two games? ;)

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Not sure how I feel about the line, but the over/under is 55.

With the expected rain, UI defense better than expected, and struggles from UI offense, that under looks pretty tasty.

Facing a dual-threat QB is going to be a different beast for this inexperienced defense. I'm going to feel extremely excited about our future if we can hold them under 30.

Not sure how I feel about the line, but the over/under is 55.

With the expected rain, UI defense better than expected, and struggles from UI offense, that under looks pretty tasty.

LIFES TO SHORT TO BET THE UNDER:D:illinois:

It's all quite down here at the ponds close to the Shell station by Raymond James field. We alligators have had it up to here -- with the smuggery of the florida football schools and are looking forward to our man Lovie returning home and tossing us some leftovers when his D tomahawk chops those land dwelling cows. Viva Tampa-2 viva los Lovies! -Chief alligator of the hospital ponds

Last edited:

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
It's all quite down here at the ponds close to the Shell station by Raymond James field. We alligators have had it up to here -- with the smuggery of the florida football schools and are looking forward to our man Lovie returning home and tossing us some leftovers when his D tomahawk chops those land dwelling cows. Viva Tampa-2 viva los Lovies! -Chief alligator of the hospital ponds
Always good to have the resident reptiles checking in.

james81

North Carolina
First road game, young team, likely turnovers
USF 31
IL 17

Orange Kool Aid
USF 20
IL 21

illinipioneer

Richmond, VA
So on the fence about this one, part of me see's us doing something similar to what we did to WKU....win the time of possession battle and wear em' down. With that being said, I think Flowers mobility will spell more trouble for the young D. I think we step up and sneak out of Raymond James with a solid W that will be the foundation for the rebuild!

I-L-L!

IL-20
USF-17

A sure tackling assignment defense always shows up. Its been 20 years since we have seen that. Hurricane/short week and weather to our advantage. Lovie ball wins this as we ride our stable of running backs and a few big plays from m&m.
UI 24
USF 14

A sure tackling assignment defense always shows up. Its been 20 years since we have seen that. Hurricane/short week and weather to our advantage. Lovie ball wins this as we ride our stable of running backs and a few big plays from m&m.
UI 24
USF 14

:thumb:

mhuml32

Cincinnati, OH
Interested to see if any of UI's recruits make it to the game tonight.

I'm offended by this terminology.

Is anyone who is going to the game planning on tailgating? If the weather permits pre-game festivities, I will be wearing a 2007 #47 J Leman jersey (complete with Chief insignia) and carrying around a 6 pack of Landshark. Would be cool to see some of my fellow Floridian-Illini there.

BZuppke

Plainfield
When did the team get down there? I assume all is normal (flight/hotel) for them?

I am really excited about watching the game tonight. Would love a win, but if things go haywire for the Illini I'll be fine. Just nice to feel some hope.

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
Team staying here at the Renaissance International. 90 degree temps. Threat of rain is lessening, but still anticipated from 7-9pm. Stadium 5 min away.

Plenty of orange in the lobby!

Status
Not open for further replies.