Pregame: Illinois at Wisconsin, Friday, October 23rd, 7:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vegas is silly with this line. Our D is solid and we can put 30 points on the board with this offense. Wisky has several holes to fill. Winnable game. This is baffling on the spread
I hope our D is solid. I think that we have to wait and see.

Deleted member 29907

D
How so? What has changed since last year?
For one thing - hopefully Hansen is healthy - he was out for - what? 3 or 4 games at the end of the season?

Turnovers may just keep us in this thing.

I just had a thought.

Isn’t there some rule about the music at a stadium being off and/or the PA announcers not talking while the other team is about to snap the ball.

Does that apply for the crowd noise they are piping in?

Deleted member 654622

D
How so? What has changed since last year?
Personally, I believe the
1. DBs are going to be a next level this year. I am not saying OSU level, but they will take a good step forward (Witherspoon and Brown with some experience, heathy Beason, Hobbs being Hobbs, and the addition of the talented Safety from Mia)
2. Hansen at the Middle helps with his lack of athleticism vs slot receivers. He better play with great leverage if he has to take on interior lineman however
3. I am putting ALL my faith in the success of the defense on the D Line, More specifically, the transfer from SC and Jamal Woods. If we do not get disruption from the line, we are going to get !!!!! slapped all around the field again. Our linebacker play was below average last year while dropping into coverage. I also am not confident Hansen can take on lineman and make a play. The LBs need to be able to run free. And no matter how great the DBs play, if the QB is comfortable in the pocket, they will get picked apart in zone coverage.

Week 1 vs a Wisconsin O Line is going to tell me everything I need to know

I also want to point out that I believe the offense and Peters are going to be very successful. If we can get a lead, and put that pressure on the other offense, they are going to be more susceptible to turning the ball over. Which we should excel at.

In a way, this illustrates my point. Last year this team was viewed as so pathetic that when an article about "What they'd need to win the B1G West" only covered every other team. We were given no chance. And then we had a four game win streak, and the needle has moved exactly zero. The media doesn't respect the work they've done, the odds-makers don't respect their ability to football and neither do a lot of people on this board. The players know that until they prove it on the field (again), we're going to be thought of as the worst team outside of New Jersey
Oh look, a B1G preview article in SI that doesn't mention the Illini. How quaint.

altenberger22

South Carolina
Spread is trending in the right direction.............now down to 19-20.

13.5 sounds more appropriate to me.

I see a lot closer game than Vegas has it. We have an experienced team. They are starting an inexperience qb. Rebuild the OL. I can't wait for Beason to show off his talent.

Deleted member 654622

D
I see a lot closer game than Vegas has it. We have an experienced team. They are starting an inexperience qb. Rebuild the OL. I can't wait for Beason to show off his talent.
Inexperienced QBs tore us a new poop hole a lot last year

Inexperienced QBs tore us a new poop hole a lot last year
Yeah like the freshman from UConn.

I am excited for the game this Friday. And even more so because we don't have to guess how good our team actually is for 3 garbage non-conference games. I'm with Dude, I think we will learn a lot about the team this week.

I guess I hadn't realized that every noteworthy publication has us finishing last. For an experienced team, we're sure getting the Rodney Dangerfield treatment.
Season 1 TNG command track Worf — Wicked Realm Games Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.