Illinois at Wisconsin
Saturday, October 20th
11:00am CT
FS1

Line: Wisconsin -26

:illinois:

Soxfreak64

Bloomington
Illinois loses, but it’ll be closer than today’s miserable failure.

Wisconsin isn’t explosive enough to score like Purdue, and I don’t think the offense has a performance this poor again all year.

Roll with Rivers. I know the WR corps is bad, but AJ isn’t making the right reads AND he’s a bad passer. Develop the young guy.

Hey, we thought Illinois beats USF with Bush. Maybe it’s the opposite, and MJ’s the only reason it was close.

BananaShampoo

Captain 'Paign
Phoenix, AZ
Illinois loses, but it’ll be closer than today’s miserable failure.

Wisconsin isn’t explosive enough to score like Purdue, and I don’t think the offense has a performance this poor again all year.

Roll with Rivers. I know the WR corps is bad, but AJ isn’t making the right reads AND he’s a bad passer. Develop the young guy.

Hey, we thought Illinois beats USF with Bush. Maybe it’s the opposite, and MJ’s the only reason it was close.
Agree that Bush is not getting it done. Time for rollin' on the River(s).

We matchup way better against Wiscy. They are getting curb stomped today too (which probably doesn’t help us). With UW running game I’d be more worried about a repeat of PSU’s 10 yds/carry but UW doesn’t have the explosiveness nor QB threat.

Deleted member 19448

D
I think I’ll do yard work. Will be ugly

I wouldn’t pin a lot of hopes on matching up better against Wisconsin because they don’t throw well. Rutgers QB Artur Sitkowski went 29/46 for 269 yrds and a TD with zero sacks against us, and put up 2/16 for 8 yards and 4 INTs against Maryland today. And that performance goes with his 47-yard and 39-yard gems against defensive stalwarts Kansas and Buffalo. So if Wisconsin wants to throw on us, they can throw on us. If the 1905 Chicago Maroons want to throw on us, they can throw on us, despite the fact that the forward pass wasn’t even legal in college football that year. We’re not stopping any offenses for the remainder of this season. We just have to accept that.

Deleted member 746094

D
I don’t think comparing WI getting beat badly by what will be a Top 10 ranked UofM today is even close to what happened in Champaign today. There were two running plays today in which PU ran outside zone for 8 yards before we were even in pursuit. UW could possibly run for 400 yards against us next week. We can’t hold the line of scrimmage, fill gaps and when we do get to the ball carrier the first guy never makes the tackle. I understand being young but we are definitely getting outcoached and I don’t see the talent on D so many speak of.

It may be reasonably close until we wear down from them pounding the run game on us, they score several times late to pull out of sight.

illini80

Forgottonia
This was penciled in as a loss long ago so I won't worry about the L. Getting blown out by a 3rd B10 team will be very concerning. Being competitive was the number 1 request from this years team. So far we are not showing the progress I expected.

Foliage should be in rounding into shape in northern Illinois. I think I'll go look at that next Saturday.

Illinois88

United States
The defense might as well not show up. They need to keep indoors and get their GPA up.

breadman

Herndon, VA
Now that we are half way through the season, have to see if the young team has the stamina to get through the last 6 games strong. It will be interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.