Pregame: Illinois at Wisconsin, Sunday, February 15th, 12:00pm CT, CBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you predicting a win are nuts. I'll give us about a 5% chance. Of course, that's still a chance.

Here is how I see it playing out. Illini will play close maybe even going up about 3 late in the game ( under 6 minutes). This is when Bo Ryan will start his famous " do you know were your at look" to the refs and Wiscky will get all the calls the rest of the game. But anyway I will be watching like the last 700 games I have watched in my Illini lifetime! !!! ILL

Agree on all fronts...they give up very few FT s and FG s close to #1 in country I believe.. They have twice as many rebounds as their opponents over the season. Teams that have stayed with them have shot well and matched them on the boards. Purdue sent Kaminsky to line 14 times...hopefully we don't do that...Regardless purdue gave them a good game, as did mich.
20% more rebounds not twice as much...pass another beer pls...

Here is how I see it playing out. Illini will play close maybe even going up about 3 late in the game ( under 6 minutes). This is when Bo Ryan will start his famous " do you know were your at look" to the refs and Wiscky will get all the calls the rest of the game. But anyway I will be watching like the last 700 games I have watched in my Illini lifetime! !!! ILL
Lol....I'd love to see us 3 up with under 6 min to go...got to believe we'll be much looser than thursday

Regardless of the score, I just want to see progress from Rice and for Hill and Nunn to show their dominance with Rice on the floor.

Yep this is my fear as well. I just hate wondering "what if...". Just play solid basketball, stay within striking distance, don't get screwed by the refs and I'll be happy.

It will be a good test. Coming off 2 exhausting performances and little time to prepare. Makes it similar to the tourney. Like others have mentioned, if they just come out loose and with nothing to lose then I wouldn't be surprised if they have a chance.

Regardless of the score, I just want to see progress from Rice and for Hill and Nunn to show their dominance with Rice on the floor.

If they seemlessly meld in Rice, this team is going to be pretty good down the stretch.

I'm going to the game Sunday. Should be safe I hope, but just checking, how drunk and violent is the crowd in Madison? Is Illini garb dangerous?

I'm going to the game Sunday. Should be safe I hope, but just checking, how drunk and violent is the crowd in Madison? Is Illini garb dangerous?

It's safe, I went the year the Packers played the Falcons later that night in the playoffs so the place was a buzz about that too. I had my Deron jersey on and no one bothered me.

I've been to 9 arenas in the BT and never had a problem wearing Illinois stuff.

The Wisconsin crowd is one of the tamest I've ever seen. The students don't even go to the games much as the crowd skews much older than most arenas. It's a big place and Wisconsin plays well there, but they've played well everywhere since the Kohl Center opened.

The Wisconsin crowd is one of the tamest I've ever seen. The students don't even go to the games much as the crowd skews much older than most arenas. It's a big place and Wisconsin plays well there, but they've played well everywhere since the Kohl Center opened.

They use a different brand of basketball than pretty much everyone else. Likely has a lot to do with it.

Went to the last two games at Kohl and a couple in earlier years including one where Ill won. Have never even had a weird look. First time did not wear Ill gear. Since the first time always wear a very gaudy Illinois jacket with chief on back. Never had an issue.

Rockford, Illinois

For basketball games, it's pretty safe to wear Illini gear. For football games, however, it's another matter. Beware street walking, "tailgating" UW fans. About nine (?) years ago, eight of us went, decked out in our O&B, and a drunken fan dressed in red at 10:00 a.m., loudly yelled at us over and over, "Illini suck." My 5'3" girlfriend when up to him, put her arms around him, and said, "Don't be nasty. We're nice people." He shut up pretty quickly. That was one of the less obnoxious barbs sent our way that day...

Orange Krush Class of 2013
Rochester, MN
Since ESPN has been showing this and it's a Bill Raftery call, I'm calling it relevant to our game. We've had some bad experiences on CBS weekend noon games but Raftery is great!

Bloomington
There are bad fans everywhere. I took my Michigan girlfriend to the last Michigan v. Illini game at Memorial. We were walking out quietly after a blowout loss and some 25-35 yr old Illini fan told my then 19 yr old girlfriend to "go drown herself," completely out of the blue.

That's actually the only time I've ever had an issue wearing foreign gear outside of Bloomington, IN.

Tl;dr: Bad fans are everywhere and can strike at anytime. Thankfully, it's pretty rare in the B1G.

Status
Not open for further replies.