Pregame: Illinois at Wisconsin, Wednesday, January 8th, 8:00pm CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started 11-0 vs Purdue with AG on the bench.
Purdue' shooting contributed to that. But, I kinda like Underwood's idea of bringing him off the bench. Needs more mins., which Underwood has acknowledged.

I would like to see Tevian get a 4 minute run regardless of mistakes. I understand the teaching moments but lately it seems like first mistake and hes out within a minute. Its hard to get in any type of rhythm playing less than a minute. We are going to need the bench to show up again. I would love for this to be Tevian's breakout game.

I would like to see Tevian get a 4 minute run regardless of mistakes. I understand the teaching moments but lately it seems like first mistake and hes out within a minute. Its hard to get in any type of rhythm playing less than a minute. We are going to need the bench to show up again. I would love for this to be Tevian's breakout game.

Agreed I hoped he would get the final 6 minutes against Purdue just to loosen up.

Don't lose track of Pritzl, he can shoot the 3. Do not give him room. I'd get out out on Rueters, too.

Deleted member 645583

D
Started 11-0 vs Purdue with AG on the bench.
Yes. Good point.
As long as AG gets plenty of minutes in the end (if he's playing well, of course), that's fine by me whether he starts or doesn't. But I would start him at Wisconsin for his energy in a hostile environment. Whatever, hope he and Illinois play well and win. But I expect it to be a tough outing.

He's certainly been very good, but he's only going to guard smaller guys. DaMonte can guard anyone from a 5'10" kid up to a 6'7" kid.
Purdue's best shooter was easily 6 foot 6. Frazier took him completely out of the game. Damonte is a good defender, but nowhere near as good as Trent.

Hoping I see great D all the way to the end of the shot clock. Every time. Any letup or mistake and WI will pounce. We have the talent but discipline is the key.

We've been up and down this year. I'm not sure what to think about tonite, but
I do know that if this team is going to make the tournament games like this are
must wins. Against "middle of the big ten" competition and in a hostile environ-
ment. Plus, we are by far the more athletic team. If you've watched Wisconsin,
they look like a good YMCA team physically.

28. Wisconsin (NR): The Badgers have made a steady climb back into the Big Ten/NCAA picture with four-straight wins and two on the road in Tennessee and Ohio State Katz has the Badgers in his Power 36. A very good YMCA team evidently :)

Agreed Ayo and Andres do not get pulled when they try to drive through three or four opposing players and throw the ball away

From just a quick glance at those T rankings, Illini have 4 players in the top 35. Which is tied for 1st

As much as I want the same thing, when he comes in the game and gets beat on defense and then stops ball movement on offense to go iso and commit an offensive foul...it’s hard for BU to keep him in

As much as I want the same thing, when he comes in the game and gets beat on defense and then stops ball movement on offense to go iso and commit an offensive foul...it’s hard for BU to keep him in

It's hard to get Jones minutes to get up to speed when every game is so important. Still, Jones can make the leap that Griffin made this year if he's given the time. Illinois has desperately needed athleticism for years. It's such a shame that Kipper Nichols never realized his full potential at Illinois. You see glimpses of it. Illinois needs Griffin and Jones to develop into what they are capable of being. We've had a lot of great guards, but Illinois has really lacked that swingman. I don't want Illinois to lose Jones. I want to continue to see Underwood use his depth to throw wave after wave of fresh, aggressive, and talented players at their opponents.

From just a quick glance at those T rankings, Illini have 4 players in the top 35. Which is tied for 1st

And 2 of our starters, Giorgi (#74) and DaMonte (#93) are not on that list of 4 players. Not sure what that says.

Joking aside, it says that whatever Brad values in DaMonte's game isn't nearly as valued by those rankings

8 home games 8 away games left
We are 2 and 2
Three of the road games are against Top 20 teams
Suppose we go 9- 7 and finish 19-12
Does that get us in the tournament?

TJ must learn and or want to play D.

8 home games 8 away games left
We are 2 and 2
Three of the road games are against Top 20 teams
Suppose we go 9- 7 and finish 19-12
Does that get us in the tournament?

IMHO if we are over .500 in the BIG we will make it and we probably don't if we finish 10-10 absent winning a couple in the BIG tourney. A lot of season left. A win tonight would go a long way towards getting us in the dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.