Pregame: Illinois vs Akron, Saturday, August 31st, 11:00am CT, BTN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the Pitt game, they put 12 players that year om the Pros. 4th quarter, Illinois is driving for what could be the winner, when we have a ball intercepted on the 4 yard line by a lineman who returns it all the way 90+ yards for the winner.... Sad
I was there for that heartbreak interception. I believe Marino had 3 or 4 picks that day, I think.

bdutts

Houston, Texas
Is there any Illini bar in Houston?

Looks like the Houston Illini club has something set up for the Purdue game. But that bar they are having it at is a Purdue bar. I'd recommend reaching out to the Houston Illini Club and see if they have anything cooking.

I'm just wondering where people in Phoenix are going Saturday to watch the game. I've been going to a place called Padre Murphy's in Glendale for about 15 years and they always take good care of me. Would love to have some fellow Illini fans join me there!!

I remember the Pitt game, they put 12 players that year om the Pros. 4th quarter, Illinois is driving for what could be the winner, when we have a ball intercepted on the 4 yard line by a lineman who returns it all the way 90+ yards for the winner.... Sad
I was there, and it seemed like it took 45 seconds for that Pitt lineman to run the length of the field.

Illini 45 - Akron 24
It's tough, 1st game with a lot of people that count. Have to get a clue about the defense, no injuries, and Peters completing passes ,alongside Corbin and Epstein doing their business will make me happy. 38-10.

Lovethechief78

Bellevue, WA
I'm just wondering where people in Phoenix are going Saturday to watch the game. I've been going to a place called Padre Murphy's in Glendale for about 15 years and they always take good care of me. Would love to have some fellow Illini fans join me there!!

The Phoenix Illini Club goes to El Hefe in Scottsdale, 4425 N. Saddlebag (Saddleback?) Trail; free parking at the Galleria parking garage (1 block away)
They have brunch food and drink specials along with raffle prizes, too!
Checkout: www.phoenixillini.org

I feel like our Athletic Department could have left out the Groce and Beckman connections between UofI and Akron... Mostly Beckman though. I wish no ill upon Groce.

Hoppy2105

Little Rock, Arkansas
We need to bring some white back into this package. Or maybe blue pants and blue accessories? Something just doesn't work with this, and this is the combo we want to wear.

The facemasks should be white.

(Which might require a white accent somewhere else to tie it in...but I love me some white facemasks on the ILLINI)

dgcrow

Kelso, WA
The facemasks should be white.

(Which might require a white accent somewhere else to tie it in...but I love me some white facemasks on the ILLINI)

The Illini used to always wear white face masks. I liked them.

Status
Not open for further replies.