Pregame: Illinois vs Augustana, Wednesday, November 22nd, 6:00pm CT, BTN Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 628259

D
Anybody want to convince me to drive over from Bloomington for this game?

zpfled

Logan Square, Chicago
"Tuesday’s session began to expand the boundaries of Underwood’s “spread” offense, shoving new concepts and new strategies into a game plan that is starting to expand."

Oh, Tupp. :doh:

This is why robots are taking over journalism.

EfremWinters84

S. Carolina
This is a tough game to predict. There are lots of contradicting variables at play. The coaches know one another very well. Augustana is a Top 5 division III school. Illini are rolling against lesser opponents. Augie returns a lot of scoring punch. Anticipating a quiet/sleepy home crowd.

ILL 84
AUG 71

Thinking it will be a tight first half, but our superior athletes will prevail. 5-0 start!

FiveStar, or anyone else, have thoughts on when we might see some guard post-ups introduced into the O? Is that still pretty far down the road? Maybe being practiced a bit now but saved for later? I assume it's more than just telling a guard to go inside and post, i.e., the other players have to learn how to read it, pass into it, and react to the doubles if/when they come. Just wondering, and thanks.

Anybody want to convince me to drive over from Bloomington for this game?

d634c90517b29464937499a7f11b2151.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Posting from Seattle, what options are there to watch this game? Buy BTN+? Find a bar that has it?

If this post is against policy, apologies in advance, thanks.

Posting from Seattle, what options are there to watch this game? Buy BTN+? Find a bar that has it?

If this post is against policy, apologies in advance, thanks.
Btn+ or radio.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

This is a scary setup game. seasoned championship level team (albeit D3) against young D1 team learning a new system.

Expecting our best challenge yet this year.

This is a scary setup game. seasoned championship level team (albeit D3) against young D1 team learning a new system.

Expecting our best challenge yet this year.

Are you serious? Depaul was a much tougher game. This game will have a margin of victory similar to the Southern Game.

Are you serious? Depaul was a much tougher game. This game will have a margin of victory similar to the Southern Game.
Ill be glad to see a 40+ win, but not expecting it. BU said something to effect of this being a stepup in challenging the team. We'll see.

I hear Augustana is projected to win the B1G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Illiini

In the land of the Nittany Lion
This is going to be a challenge for the guys to keep the fire lit. My gut reaction, based on earlier games, is that we will jump out if front and the guys will slack off and the margin will narrow.

Then Underwood will call them over and yell at them and they'll crank it back up to 11 and the differential will grow again, and we'll win, but not by as much as we could/should have.

Of course, the Augustana guys will need to have the scene from Hoosiers where the coach gets out the tape measure to prove that the court is the same size as the one they have at home, because the Assembly Hall is going to look huge to guys used to playing in small gyms. Because the Assembly Hall really is huge.

And yeah, drive over from Bloomington. It's Turkey Day Eve. What else are you going to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.